Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Is this practical/possible?(Moving for the summer)

I was thinking of moving for the summer, getting a job, and basically taking a long vacation. I would probably be going with 2 friends. I don't know where yet, but possibly somewhere with a beach...

Is this possible? How much of a hassle will it be to move and get set up with internet etc. while we are on vacation? Any suggestions for locations?

Sorry I feel like I'm missing a lot of information but I wanted to at least get this posted.

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Is this practical/possible?(Moving for the summer)

[ QUOTE ]
getting a job

[/ QUOTE ]

Gay
Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 AM

not gonna be worth it unless you can stay somewhere nearly for free... find a friend or relative with a beach house or timeshare or something and it becomes potentially worth it.

this will prob get moved to travel
Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not gonna be worth it unless you can stay somewhere nearly for free... find a friend or relative with a beach house or timeshare or something and it becomes potentially worth it.

this will prob get moved to travel

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah we may have somewhere in South Carolina to stay but what do you mean it's not going to be worth it?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:19 AM

you're a high school kid right? that means whatever work you're doing is not going to be high paying, especially in an unfamiliar place, and a short-term summer rental in a place where you'd want to live isn't going to be cheap.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're a high school kid right? that means whatever work you're doing is not going to be high paying, especially in an unfamiliar place, and a short-term summer rental in a place where you'd want to live isn't going to be cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be a freshman in college...so I'd be turning 19 next summer. I was really thinking of a restaurant job...possibly even something landscaping, good pay, but hard work.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 AM

if you can line up a job in advance and find a cheap place to live, it's worth a shot, but even then you might be better off hanging around your hometown and spending time with your friends before they all disperse. if your priority is to have a good time and see somewhere new / get away for a while during the summer, i'd recommend saving up and taking a road trip rather than moving somewhere just to work a crappy job for two months. if your priority is to make money then you'll be better off staying home.

i could see doing something like this if there was a super cool place that you wanted to live, a beach town that was really fun in the summer or something, and this was your means of being there. but just as a general idea it's not really that good.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:31 AM

Do it. At the worst you'll end up with some war stories about being broke and you will develop a close bond with Old Milwaukee. Maybe eat acid all summer and live on the beach?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 AM

Just watch the american pie movie where they did it. I dunno about the making out with stiffler part, but he's pretty hunky so whatever.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i could see doing something like this if there was a super cool place that you wanted to live, a beach town that was really fun in the summer or something, and this was your means of being there. but just as a general idea it's not really that good.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty much the idea, find a place where we can have some fun, work, party, meet some girls, etc...

But I also want to live in a different part of the country, even if it's just for a few months. I'd really like to move somewhere out west but anywhere worthwhile will be a pretty far drive and be expensive...Somewhere in the south wouldn't be bad either.