Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Flop Decision: A9o iso attempt

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, hero..........?

okay, this may be a no brainer, but, I was thinking about it as it happened. But, I do wonder if checking is best, or if betting is best. If the flop weren't so coordinated, I'm betting for sure

UTG is a very bad player, and the BB is bad also, but, he respects my play. I know this from the chat that had gone on earlier between BB and another player when the other player was very frustrated with my being on his direct left and pounding away on him

utg was 43.8/8.33/2 over 48

BB was 42/11.79/1.36 over 755. He was on auto raise when he made the three bet
Old 03-01-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Flop Decision: A9o iso attempt

I would bet.

I would also plan on being cautious if BB woke up. You have a much better read on BB than I do, but for a number of players, that flop check means the chances he has TT just went way up.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:42 PM

I'd have to bet the flop. You've probably got the best hand here with a decent chance to improve. If BB check raises the flop, so be it. You can drop it on the turn UI.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:43 PM

I think you have to bet here. Too good a chance that UTG has some strange draw(or worse pair) and you don't want to give a free card.

Granted the BB might be slowplaying a monster, but he also might just have missed overs. You're risking 1SB to protect a 9SB pot if your hand is best. I also imagine the turn is tough to play if you check here.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet.

I would also plan on being cautious if BB woke up. You have a much better read on BB than I do, but for a number of players, that flop check means the chances he has TT just went way up.

[/ QUOTE ]

would his flop check also be a reason to check to maybe spike trips or aces up if he had three bet with AQ, AJs, AK? since we can then get some extra bets if we hit an ace, since there are gonna be more chances of him holding those hands, then holding 1010+
Old 03-01-2006, 02:47 PM

He'll call with those hands anyway and probably bet or CR with them if he hits. No reason to give a free card if you're going to get the action anyway.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

would his flop check also be a reason to check to maybe spike trips or aces up if he had three bet with AQ, AJs, AK? since we can then get some extra bets if we hit an ace, since there are gonna be more chances of him holding those hands, then holding 1010+

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know. If you've got him reverse-dominated, there are only two cards left in the deck that will give you aces up at the same time BB catches top pair.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:49 PM

Bet. If bb c/rs, u know u're behind considering your description. Also, u want AK/ AQ type hands to call. Your hand is vulnerable as well. I really don't see much reason to check.