Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Default NL10: AKo Early Position

Villain is playing loose, seeing the flop a bit less than half of the time. I assume Villain saw me as tight since this was the first hand I played in about 30 hands now.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.20
BB: $7.70
UTG: $6.85
<u>Hero (UTG+1): $9.55</u>
<u>MP: $6.75</u>
CO: $16.55
BTN: $6.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP calls $0.40, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.95) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $1.50, MP raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $6.50, MP calls all-in for $1.85

His re-raised surprised me a bit, with a TPTK, I wasn't ready to fold here against a loose player. However, he now had 1.85$ left on a ~10$ pot (that is, if I called him). Therefore if I called now, I could be pretty sure he was going all-in on the river regardless.

I thought Villain was most likely holding a pair of Aces with a decent kicker (say AK, AQ, or even AJ), and decided to re-raise me here in fear of the flush draw.

Should I have waited to push him all-in on the river, or was pushing him now the right play?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: NL10: AKo Early Position

Pretty standard I make the flop bet larger, don't wait until river to get AI.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: NL10: AKo Early Position

he's so short after his raise on Turn, so just re-raise all-in as you did here. NH