Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 12:51 PM

Default In light of 4-2\'s post

There was an interesting situation that I was gonna post a few days ago and I forgot about it until the 4-2 post.

Full ring, 25$ table, I am in early position and limp in with 44. All three people in the hand have at least 25$.

It gets raised to a 1.25$ behind me then the person on the button re-raised it to 3 bucks flat.

Normally this is an insta fold. I dont call more than 5X raises with small PP's. I would need an average 30$ pot if I hit my set just to break even with this hand.

However, I was convinced that button had aces or kings, and was not gonna let go of it very easily.

Does that change things for you? This is my question.

I guess it does not matter but I thought about this for a while and decide to fold. The origional raiser had QQ and flat called pre-flop, the button had AA and they got it all in on the flop, which did have a 4 and I would have won the pot. Normally I dont regret folding in this situation but in this case I thought that I did flop a 4 that getting all the money in was not gonna be a problem, the button was not doing this with AK I was almost sure.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:55 PM

Default Re: In light of 4-2\'s post

If you were closing the action then this is an easy call. But with a live player behind you I think you have to fold. You have no real idea how much it will cost you to play.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:43 PM

What Jamougha said. Getting sandwiched between two aggressive players is not where you want to be with a drawing hand. You folded while you were a huge underdog. NH.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were closing the action then this is an easy call. But with a live player behind you I think you have to fold. You have no real idea how much it will cost you to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is right. Closing the action you can call and hope you are up against AA and KK because you will stack at least one of them if you hit. With someone still left to act, you have to fold because your hand cannot handle any more pre-flop heat.