Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 04:23 AM

Default I\'m at a loss to put them on anything

8/16

Table texture is meh. Kinda tight with a couple loose spots. Post-flop people are folding a lot and generally trying to play well.

Passive player on less than a rack raises UTG. It might be something funny, but I'm inclined to think it's a big pocket pair because big Aces are usually limped in this game.

Loose/badish crazy asian lady calls.

I just call with 99 from MP because it's too much hand to fold here but I don't think I'm good here often enough to 3-ball it.

Blinds call.

5 to the flop, it's 6 high with 2 spades. BB (semi-loose, thinking) bets, EP calls! (ok, maybe big cards) folded to me and I raise for a bunch of reasons. Folded to EP who 3-balls it, EP caps (WTF?!?!). At this point I'm torn between LoLTrappedU and LoLDraw, but not sold enough that I'm beat so I call to sort this mess out on the turn.

Turn is a non-spade Eight. BB bets, EP calls, I'm in WTF mode but can't really find a fold given the action. I think about raising but can't find a raise either so I just call.

River is a non-spade King. BB checks, EP checks and I think about betting but just check behind...
Old 09-08-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: I\'m at a loss to put them on anything

God bet the river.

also, honestly if you're going to post weirdo flop lines then "six high with two spades" isn't really going to cut it at all.

There's a big difference between 654 and 642.

Eitehr way I usually make a face like"Yeah maybe you're not about to call me with a retard hand" and smash a bet in.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:02 AM

It was something like 642.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:24 AM

Given a check, it's much more likely they are weak. So value bet it.

Suppose you have 30% strong hands, and with 50% of them you go for a river c/r. That means out of a 100 hands you will c/r 15, bet 15, and check/call/fold 70. So given a check, out of those 85 hands only 15 are check-raises. So the probability of being check-raised given a check from this player is only 17%, even though he check-raises 50% of his good hands, which is quite a lot.

The conclusion is to never fear a check-raise when you have a decent made hand that can beat a lot of hands that call. Value bet. Live, you can also probably fold to a river check-raise. I don't see them check a hand that beats you. Two-pair shouldn't be scared of that king.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:31 AM

HB,

they may check TT-QQ in a heartbeat on that river.

remember, they suck and they play scared. the question is, can they fold TT-QQ if we bet? if so, bet. if not, check behind.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:35 AM

fwiw, i would probably raise the turn planning on folding to a 3bet. i doubt i bet the river UI.

as played, you describe the table as trying to play well. as i stated in the other post, if there's a chance they fold TT-QQ to the bet fire. the only PP we beat is 55 and 77. the King makes it hard for Ahigh to call. i don't see much value in a river bet outside of the fold equity it generates.