Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Do you ReRaise for value everytime here?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $15.05
BB: $14.05
UTG: $6.90
UTG+1: $32.55
MP: $20.65
Hero (CO): $24.40
BTN: $11.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 Players)
BB folds, UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.75</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $2.00

Flop: ($6) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, UTG+1 calls $3.00

River: ($12) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $5.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

Pot Size: $22.00 ($1.10 Rake)

UTG+1 had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ([Ad Kd] a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$10.75)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$10.15)
Old 09-08-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Do you ReRaise for value everytime here?

I generally fire out the flop, if you are against a good player, checking is just too suspicious. Put a CB there on the flop.
River, its not the best card, and I am not absolutely sure if raising is best, but it looks like a blocking bet, so I would make it 15.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:39 AM

after you 3bet preflop i think it is good spot to try to go to allin with AK, let alone your holding.
You(and also your opponent) have lost a LOT of value on every street.
In 3bet pot your opponent is not goint to let you take it down on the flop if he has anything. He hasn't just called you preflop 3bet to check/fold any flop.

After you played the flop and turn so weakly you should be aware that he may be value betting the river with thousands of weaker hands like two pair, weaker sets, AK, KQ and most of these he is calling your reraise.

But your true mistake here is not betting for value previous streets.
On the flop there is 6 in the pot and 21 behind. even betting 1/2 pot on each street will result in allin (3,6,12). Just bet every street for value and you'll be fine.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:49 AM

I don't get this. Do you think he'll only call with QJ? He could have TP, 2p or a set. Shove river.

Oh and surely bet the other streets for value ...
Old 09-08-2007, 03:57 AM

Yo wtf is up with that floip check yo? Bet that [censored]. As played, bet more on turn. Like... $5. Half pot ain't enough, if he got something, he's gon' call. River looks teh weak. Just raise it.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:02 AM

The flop check is debatable. I raise that river every time. Result-oriented thinking tells me, that a minraise would be good. Or a raise to 12 or so.
You should bet that flop to extract money from QJ and worse hand. That board is pretty nice actually, since the broadways will have a pair or a (gutshot) draw so they are prone to take one card off. And broadways or a PP is the most likely thing for him to have.

BTW: results don't matter. But if you win SDs and then have to ask yourself if you should have value-bet more, you are definitely not value-betting enough.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:09 AM

its debatable based on your image, imo. i'm a cbetting monkey so checking flop here destroys my expectation, usually.

calling the river in spots like this can also be the difference between a good winner and a breakeven/losing player. op you missed so much value.