Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 PM

Default After 10k in hands, some very odd big winners (PTracker)

Ok, I'm starting to spend more time delving into my stats as I've been playing a lot more tournaments lately (have logged 5k in tourney hands in the last 3 weeks). After having it suggested in the MTT forum, I started looking at my starting hand selections trying to find "trouble hands" and started also looking at the hands that have consistently made me money to try and see where some strengths are, of course 4 of the top 5 are expected, KK, AKs, AKo, and AA. One of them happen to be KTo though. Is it just me with some strange big winners (30 or more hands, sometimes as many as 90) like K4s, A2o, A5o, QTo? Is this just a random function, maybe the way I'm playing the hands, game situation, or does everyone have some outliers like this in their stats?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: After 10k in hands, some very odd big winners (PTracker)

10k is a pretty small sample. Its problay just variance. You just happen to flopping well with KT now, but for example over the next 10k hands it could all go the other way. Over a signicifcant sample KT wont be a profitable hand.

There's nothing you can change to make it profitable, you just have to try and make sure you arent losing too much with it.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:30 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
10k is a pretty small sample. Its problay just variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT--I'm guessing that you've been dealt KTo fewer than 100 times. Just two or three kings at opportune times could increase your win rate noticeably for the whole hand overall.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:54 PM

appreciate the replys, and yes quick, kto is on the high end but around 90 or so
Old 09-08-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Over a signicifcant sample KT wont be a profitable hand. There's nothing you can change to make it profitable...

[/ QUOTE ]

of course there is: stop playing it. what's your vpip with this hand? what's your cold-call percentage?

I did a similar stat-check the other day and found my #1 losingest hand was QTo. Statistical quirk? actually, my vpip was horrifingly high with it. Now I'm careful to fold it unless conditions make that basically impossible.

you can't lose money by open-folding these trash hands.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:18 AM

Looking at my KTo ur right, my VPIP in most cases is in the 70-80 range and whats making the hand look a lot better than it really is is just banging people upside the head with it on the btn-bb.