Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 03:19 PM

Default KK on a QQJ flop

Villain is 53.7/23.2/1.60 over 82 hands from previous sessions.

In this quite short session I have had 2 hands HU w villain, both times I have been in position towards him. First time I raised PF, semibluffed him on flop w OESD, didnt make my draw and he saw my cards at showdown (or rather he saw my action as a bluff I tend to think, dunno if he would check HH for my cards). Second time I raised PF, was about to cbet any flop, but he bet into me and I had to fold on unfavorable flop. IIRC neither time he was in blind positions. I include these descriptions as they might be important in a way villain might see me now.

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ??.

I have shown strength PF and on the flop and he still keeps betting into me. I have no idea whether such players would CR with Q or bet right out on the turn after the way I have been playing the hand. So what would be your line here?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: KK on a QQJ flop

WA/WB, call flop, call turn, call (b/f) river

[edit] not sure if b/f river if checked to is retarded?[/edit]
Old 09-07-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WA/WB

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

my default line is to call down here, but with your read/history and his aggressive stats, i think there's value in raising because he will call down with worse hands thinking you're still FOS.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Don't you think he'll fold a lot of his bluffs to a raise?

The only hand that keeps calling is a straight draw and jacks, maybe that is enough of his range to raise for value?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:55 PM

I would call it down from the turn but he probably would do something more aggressive with a Q.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:57 PM

xylocain,

are you [censored] with me?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think he'll fold a lot of his bluffs to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my default line is to call down here, but with your read/history and his aggressive stats, i think there's value in raising because he will call down with worse hands thinking you're still FOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2007, 04:12 PM

I'm tempted to raise the turn if nothing else to say "[censored] you, you [censored] donktard!"

You're at least calling down. This is less often a Q than it is something else. A Q or 33 would much more likely c/r the turn. It could be a pp or Jx, betting again after what he sees as a safe turn -- i.e. if you were drawing to a straight he's still good.

He could have picked up a flush draw, too.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what would be your line here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't at least call/call I may have to reach through the Internet and choke you.

Offhand, I'm probably raising to get one more bet out of him with AhJh, and taking a free showdown on a rivered heart or ace. Unless you've played like a complete moran in your "previous sessions" (which also presumes that he's been paying attention) this is never, ever AA/Qx/JJ.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM

Sorry, I was more wondering about the lol-WAWB than your reasoning (which is sweet). Is it the straight draw that would make this WAWB = never or is it the fact that a J is never folding?

(It seems that either we are drawing to 2 outs or a villan is drawing to 2 outs or less and villan will will often fold correctly to a raise but will bluff or 'valuebet' weaker holdings like 99, AK or whatever). WAWB isn't only for WB situations right?)
Old 09-07-2007, 04:34 PM

there are a lot of hands that have many outs against us (Jx and broadway draws, primarily) so we are never Way Ahead.

if we're behind, we are Way Behind, but the only things that beat us right now are Qx, JJ, and AA, so we are never Way Behind villain's range.

now go read these: http://poker.wikia.com/wiki/MicroLim..._.28WA.2FWB.29