Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Alchohol, and it\'s psychotic affects?????

When I drink alchohol, specifically liquor, something changes within me.... I become completely different.... Yeah Yeah, it's obvious, but what is really happening.... I lose all inhibitition and have psychotic thoughts...... If any one fu.cks with me, well then, it's survival of the fittest.... I don't care..... Why is alcohol legal in this society, it should be illegal, and marijuana should be legal, or nothing at all should be legal, especially the killers of alcohol and cigarettes..... It is a huge killer in society and I personal want none of it..... Can it be eradicated or is it too late.... Can we tax pot and make up the difference.... When I spoke pot, if I ever did, I become very analytical, and feel smarter than I am, if that's possible..... Also, what drugs, don't lie, do you take while playing poker..... Adderal, ephedrine, caffeine, what????? No lies here bro..... Thanks for the responses.....
Old 09-06-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Alchohol, and it\'s psychotic affects?????

Are you drunk right now?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Basically, alcohol affects your hippocampus lowering inhibition and judgment.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM

"I lose all inhibitition and have psychotic thoughts"

I thought you were a christian?

Losing inhibition = normal, the psychotic thoughts, not so much.

edit: Also, society already tried making alcohol illegal, and we all know how that ended. The last thing we need in this country is more prohibition.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lose all inhibitition and have psychotic thoughts...... If any one fu.cks with me, well then, it's survival of the fittest.... I don't care..... Why is alcohol legal in this society, it should be illegal

[/ QUOTE ]
Not everyone is affected by alcohol the same way. Personally I rarely get at all aggressive or have 'psychotic thoughts' no matter how much I drink. Based on your post about fighting styles and wanting an edge over everyone I'd make the hypothesis that you have a lot of natural aggression and "survival of the fittest" mentality that is simply made uninhibited by alcohol.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lose all inhibitition and have psychotic thoughts...... If any one fu.cks with me, well then, it's survival of the fittest.... I don't care.....

[/ QUOTE ] This is generally seen as one of the best early indicators of one's predisposition to develop alcoholism.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 PM

i've always thought alcohol just brought out your underlying thoughts and emotions, not that it would change your personality into something you're not, if its not there and repressed in the first place.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've always thought alcohol just brought out your underlying thoughts and emotions, not that it would change your personality into something you're not, if its not there and repressed in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I'm not so sure. You probably won't do anything that you've never thought of doing before, but some would argue that keeping some of your "baser" instincts in check is part of your personality. You are lowering your inhibitions and these inhibitions do make up part of who you are.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what drugs, don't lie, do you take while playing poker.....

[/ QUOTE ]

caffeine FTW... multitasking capability goes up

But you have to be careful with it and not take it every day, or you'll become addicted, and then it won't work, plus you'll have some annoying withdrawal symptoms for a couple of days.

Btw - pot and poker don't go well together. Your multitasking capabilities are almost non-existent. So unless you're playing one table, heads up... (in which case it may actually help to be high)... Forget about cannabis and poker.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is alcohol legal in this society, it should be illegal, and marijuana should be legal, or nothing at all should be legal,

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmkay, you really don't know?

Better check those jewish/christians vs muslim traditions again... It's the other way around for muslims, you know? They ban alcohol and allow cannabis...

Now put 2 and 2 together and you'll pretty much have it figured out.