Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 07:08 PM

Default 25NL - Too Weak/Passive w/ TT?

<font color="blue">Villain was 20/18 after 28 hands, but I didn't have any specific reads on him. I figured check/calling the flop allows me to get some value out of AK/AQ type hands, while not costing too much when I'm dominated by an overpair. Thoughts? I believe the turn fold is pretty standard, but I'll take any suggestions there as well... </font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $18.00
BB: $23.00
UTG: $25.00
Hero (MP): $29.05
CO: $32.45
BTN: $43.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($12.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $10.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $10.00 returned to CO

Pot Size: $12.35 ($0.60 Rake)
Old 09-05-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: 25NL - Too Weak/Passive w/ TT?

preflop is fine
raise flop
as played call turn
Old 09-05-2007, 07:23 PM

I think it's fine.

CO's postflop bet sizes are not reassuring at all, and I don't want to discount the 3-bet too much just because it was a min/3-bet (bigger 3-bets frequently just get folds, and some players seem to be catching onto this and getting trappier preflop).

Edit: Of course, I can't guarantee at all that you didn't fold the best hand. (Among other things, Villain could think he's protecting his 77 versus your overs.) And there are other lines you could have taken. Villain's bet size on the flop does make a checkraise risky though -- since unless you're going to min-checkraise, the checkraise would practically commit you in a spot where you're most likely losing if you end up all-in. Meanwhile, it's hard to know whether or not a donkbet would get respect from this Villain, but trying one of those with the plan of shutting down if called is another option -- it kind of lets Villain decide if he wants to make the raise that's an invitation to play for stacks.

Your line is a pretty good one against someone who won't two-barrel big with a worse hand. It gives AQ/AK its 25-percent chance of sucking out on you fairly inexpensively, but it saves you money (versus a line that commits you) when you're up against a better PP.

And your line sucks versus someone who will two-barrel with a worse hand (which is to say the line is very exploitable and bad versus the wrong player).

In short, playing chicken out of position versus a relative unknown isn't much fun, but those are the breaks sometimes.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 PM

actually played fine
i didnt give CO credit for his 3bet pf
Old 09-05-2007, 07:38 PM

<font color="blue">[b]Wow thanks Nick. With all due respect to Spurious, your method of actually explaining your analysis is much more helpful.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:43 PM

i can understand this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]