Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Standard fold?

God I feel like I butchered this one.

OK so button is spewy maniac which explains the preflop call from the SB, and the flop check - he literally pots nearly all flops, regardless of the number of players or the type of board. So I'm pretty sure somebody is going to bet and I'm planning a CRAI.

Then it checks around an board pairs. Standard from there?

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $334.10
Button: $219.05
jbird: $214.95
BB: $120

Pre-flop: (4 players) jbird is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $9</font>, jbird calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($36, 4 players)
jbird checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($36, 4 players)
jbird checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $34.2</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, jbird calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($138.6, 3 players)
jbird checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $136.6</font>, jbird folds, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: $136.6 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $138.6
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Standard fold?

wow tough spot. I think i make the crying call on the river tho FWIW. Unless you put him on JJ which is possible. It looks like he missed a c/r on the flop, so its also very plausible that hes being a little aggro with 77xx. IMO you should fold, but me being the ass I am would probably call and berate him. haha. PM me results if there were any?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Seems like UTG would be raising turn w/ J9/J7 if he's decent

Too fishy, so I call but I spew in this game
Old 09-05-2007, 04:26 PM

I'd fold the river as well. I think this is Jacks full from UTG more often than not, although he would've probably raised the turn with J7 or J9 so basically only J5 makes sense, and there aren't a lot of J5 combinations PF that would limp/call... I dunno, I'd still fold and take a note.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:20 PM

I don't think that's a standard fold, but a pretty tough one. Without knowing anything about utg I "think" I'd fold, but I'm not sure. J9 and J7 are more likely than 77 just from card combinations I guess, but as flameboy said, most players probably raise the turn. On the other hand he might go for donk overcalls w/ flush/straightdraws, or try do induce the button to raise, if he is hyperaggro.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 PM

I'd fold river but to be honest I'm folding the turn too...I don't think you're going to get a cheap showdown on this board.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:10 AM

I'm not sure why the turn should not be played aggressively. I like to check-raise max here, is that a huge leak? After all, BB is a short stack and can make a move here with any jack, T8xx and UTG can literally have anything.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:17 AM

Can we raise the turn here looking for value against a naked jack or sniff out a bluff? I prob. raise the turn 60%-70% of the time. The rest of the time I fold. I think by calling, we have givin $36 away...When you called were you hoping he'd give up on the river?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:24 AM

i make i probably bet river for $60-70
and another time i fold
Old 09-06-2007, 04:05 AM

i think i lead the turn - i want to find out exactly where i stand here, by either taking the pot here or pretty much giving the hand up

if i get 2 calls after i lead out i know my hand is no good as they both have Jxxx and its going to be impossible for me to tell what their side cards are. 1 call i dont mind so much and i consider c/c the river depending on reads

as played i c/f the river - i would say he has you beat 90% of the time here and knows acting last his pot bet looks like a bluff. if he shows a bluff then meh NH and make a note