Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:16 PM

Default FTP Nl25: how do i get more money?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $34.65
BB: $19.25
UTG: $19.85
CO: $39.30
Hero (BTN): $25.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $3.00</font>
Hero: ???

What do you do to get max value? I'd like some suggestions before I post what I did.

I've been raising/cbetting a lot too so I made the flop bet smallish so he thinks I'm just trying to take it down there.
He's been pretty passive too.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: FTP Nl25: how do i get more money?

This is villain dependent, but if it's a standard donk I smooth call and CRAI on the turn.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 PM

i like minreraise for no reason.

If he is rather passive, than his raise means usually that he is willing to stack off, so it really doesn't matter much what are you going to do as long as you manage to put it all in by the river.

and hero can't CRAI the turn because he is in the position.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 PM

whoops, my bad. In that case I like smooth call and getting it in on the turn. Agreed that these min-raises by passive donks almost always means they're stacking off.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been raising/cbetting a lot too so I made the flop bet smallish so he thinks I'm just trying to take it down there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I donīt know what you mean by this but I think it is a really good idea to make the same size cb with the nuts, air and everything in between. The problem is that there is still not much money in the pot after his raise and when you make your next bet the jigg is up. A slightly smaller bet followed by a big bet is more likely to be a monster than two normal sized bets. Not that it usually matters much. But if villain just calls here and you try put in a bigger bet on the turn you might lose villain.

As played, 3bet to $8 like you are trying to make him fold. I doubt he is folding unless he was on a complete bluff.

Edit: I see absolutely no reason to wait till the turn, if villain has like JJ a lot of cards will make villain less likely to stack off. It can only hurt in a lot of cases to wait.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I donīt know what you mean by this but I think it is a really good idea to make the same size cb with the nuts, air and everything in between.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make my CB dependent on the pot, and i do it anywhere from 1/2-2/3 the pot depending on villain... so i took the lower side with this guy because he is so passive.

Anyways here is what I decided to do.

Flop: ($2.55) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, UTG calls $1.50

Turn: ($11.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $14.25</font>, Hero calls $8.25

River: ($40.05) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $40.05 ($2 Rake)

UTG had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Fives) and LOST (-$19.85)
Hero had 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, Eight high) and WON (+$18.20)

I minraised because I wanted more money in the pot and I thought he would fold to a bigger raise. I put him on a mid pocket pair or ace high because he limp called. (I saw him bet UTG with AA so I didn't put him on a higher hand)

Obviously the money was going in anyways once that turn hit for him.

I don't like min raises I always talk [censored] to my friends when they do it but I wanted to try something new to get a little bit more money and thought this guy would call.

Guess it worked? What do you guys think about the min raise?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Time to make a note based on what he's minraising you on the flop with....
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 PM

reraise to $10... He's stacking off or not puting in anything more with most of his range here.