Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 01:29 PM

Default $35 3 Tables -- Shove With Nut Flush Draw?

I don't play tournaments (this was my first one ever), but I understand basics like playing really tight early on and shoving any two once the M ratio reaches a certain point. This is a live midnight tournament.

The tournament started with 28 people or something, each of whom got $1,500 in chips. We are now down to 15, and the blinds are at $50/$100, about to go up to $100/$200.

I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from the SB after 3 limpers and the BB raps. The flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, the BB bets $150, 1 caller, MP raises to $600, 1 caller, and I shove. How's my line?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: $35 3 Tables -- Shove With Nut Flush Draw?

Stack sizes?

You have to pray that you hit and no one fills up.

I don't think you have any fold equity aginst MP or the caller. You gotta put one of them on a 9 and the other on a smaller flush or straight draw.

I would probably push also and hope fopr the best.

I would have also raised it PF with all that dead money.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Right, stack sizes are important. I was pretty drunk so I'm not sure exactly, but I had about $1,600, and most people were around $1,200 to $1,500. The guy who called the raise to $600 was definite chip leader, probably had about $3,500.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, stack sizes are important. I was pretty drunk so I'm not sure exactly, but I had about $1,600, and most people were around $1,200 to $1,500. The guy who called the raise to $600 was definite chip leader, probably had about $3,500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, best case is the chip leader in on a straight draw and doesn't have any of your outs. Worse is that is is also on a flush draw, maybe straight flush (J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]).

Worst case is that he has pocket 77's and flopped a boat and is slow playing.

But, donkey I am, I sill push because I'm always playing for first and could triple up this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, nice. I like this.

PF is OK, I don't know what you are hoping for tho. I guess this, though somebody definitely has a 7, thus some of your outs are gone.

You are really chasing just a flush draw here, forget about the A. Plus, I think you may be against a 9 or a set of 7s, so drawing dead is not out of question yet. I fold.

Barry
Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 PM

I think that Barry has the right idea. There is too much action for you to have any confidence that you are drawing live. Fold and wait for a better spot. Preflop is certainly correct but all that rum before the game is a little iffy. gl and way to get some live experience.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that Barry has the right idea. There is too much action for you to have any confidence that you are drawing live. Fold and wait for a better spot. Preflop is questionable, but all that rum is a great way to deal with a midnight tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-05-2007, 05:00 PM

...I have to say it...

LOL DONKAMENTS!!!

Ban plz *points at self*
Old 09-05-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play tournaments (this was my first one ever), but I understand basics like playing really tight early on and shoving any two once the M ratio reaches a certain point. This is a live midnight tournament.

The tournament started with 28 people or something, each of whom got $1,500 in chips. We are now down to 15, and the blinds are at $50/$100, about to go up to $100/$200.

I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from the SB after 3 limpers and the BB raps. The flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, the BB bets $150, 1 caller, MP raises to $600, 1 caller, and I shove. How's my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way anyone can answer this question unless u provide (at the very least) approximate stack sizes for yourself and the others in the hand. Starting chip stack has no relevance now, we need current stack sizes to provide decent advice.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way anyone can answer this question unless u provide (at the very least) approximate stack sizes for yourself and the others in the hand. Starting chip stack has no relevance now, we need current stack sizes to provide decent advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're about 6 posts too late sir... we've established that already, altho I guess it's never a bad idea to reiterate the obvious.