Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 11:37 PM

Default 25NL - Shove Flopped Trips?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $23.20
BB: $10.00
UTG: $19.75
MP: $17.00
Hero (CO): $28.60
BTN: $30.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.50</font>, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($2.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.00</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $28.10</font>

<font color="blue">[b]I had only played 8 hands on Villain, and hadn't gained any reads yet. There's a ton of value if he plays overpairs this way, but is that reasonable to assume against an unknown?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: 25NL - Shove Flopped Trips?

Raising UTG with a dominated four seems unlikely, maybe A4 or a suited connector which you'd split with most likely. I think because he raised I'd be willing to go with it here. No draws, obv. Certainly 99 is possible but range has to include a bunch of overpairs. I push and like it.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 PM

Given that the flop is really dry, calling his flop 3bet with the intention of getting it all in on the turn seems fine too because that lets him continue his bluff if he is on one. But I think your line is perfectly fine b/c he'll almost never fold TT+ and only a special donk will put in any more money with unimproved overcards if you would have just called his 3 bet.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 PM

Since it's the UTG raiser playing back at you there's a strong chance he has a big pair.

Because everyone else folded once he made it $8.00 on the flop I might just call the raise (the board is obviously pretty dry) and hope to get it all in on the turn. Once you put in the fourth bet on the flop you've defined your hand clearly so there's a small chance (at these stakes the chance is small) that he could throw away an overpair.

There's no way I'd ever release this hand against an UTG raiser, if he has 99 or he's super aggro and has A4 then it's just a tough beat.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:35 AM

wow, brutal hand. I get it in versus an unknown hoping he's bluffing (minraise preflop=bad player) or valuebetting with AA/KK. I could definitely see folding this hand to some people. It's just really hard for a fish to bet/min3bet with air. I have seen it done but I usually need to see some sort of frequency with it or have some history where I think it would be plausible he'd pull something that insane.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:01 AM

this is fine. calling and shoving turn works too. let him overplay his AA.