Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Well... there goes my stack again...

Hey guys... so here's the deal.. I'm a long-long-long time lurker and I've recently started playing NL again after a long break...

I've been playing .5/.10c on Stars, 6 tabeling for a while now, building up my roll. After 20k hands I'm beating it for 9bb/100, and I'm feeling confident. However, I'm having some trouble with some hands and I decided to started to re-post. So... here goes...

I have 99 in the SB and there are 3 limpers to me, I complete, BB checks. I don't have any reads...

Flop comes Td9s8s..

I lead out and decide to pot.. BB now raises to 1.50..everyone else folds. What should I be doing here most often against a readless BB?

I re-raise to 3.50 and the BB calls...

Turn is an off-suite 6 and I lead for 3.50 and he shoves, I call obviously...

I'm not super confident on any street... thanks fellas
Old 09-03-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Well... there goes my stack again...

First off - raise Preflop to get junk out and that way when you spike a set you will get paid off most of the time. I recommend you read Tien's 6-max post.

Here is the link:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...t=1#Post7827947
Old 09-03-2007, 10:46 PM

I've read his 6-max post and I think that raising with 9's in the SB after three limpers is building too large a pot OOP with a hand that doesn't play well multi-way...

Anyhow... my main concern is the turn...
Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 AM

3bet the flop bigger then shove the turn.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:36 AM

Except that it *does* play well multi-way those times that you're interested in continuing post-flop. (i.e. you hit a set) If the flop comes AT4 with four opponents, your hand now sucks, and it doesn't matter how it plays or what the pot size is because you're not getting involved.

Edit: Since you specifically asked about post-flop. Agree w/ Lego-- make the flop 3-bet bigger. If he flopped the straight, so be it. Then look to get it in on the turn.

If he'd simply called the flop, you might worry more about the 7, but what hands does he play this way that also contain a 7? He might have TT or QJ, but I think there are lots of other hands you beat which he could play like this.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 AM

re-raise more on the flop, pot sized re-raise should do it. board is super drawy...
Old 09-04-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that raising with 9's in the SB after three limpers is building too large a pot OOP with a hand that doesn't play well multi-way...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then just fold preflop. That statement above makes no sense at all. What makes you think if you raise the appropriate amount (4BB+1) that everyone will call? Just calling gives you the best way to get suckedout. Obv. you have the best hand ATM, don't you wanna isolate someone with a weaker hand to go against? If you answer that "no" then you should just quit playing poker.