Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.
Default McDonalds Angus Burger - Unintentional Trip Report

Almost 5 AM here in NY, had a night of drinking with some friends, where the inevitable fast food discussion happened. I mentioned how if I wasn't trying to be a little healthy these days, I'd love to try the new McDonalds Angus burger. I scoped them out the other night and I declared "it could be the best fast food burger on the market...all three types look super solid." Fast forward 5 hours, my friends are here drinking some after hours beers, playing acie ducie, and watching me play 50/100 when the "party" and obviously that phrase is in quotes because it was 3 out of shape dudes without chicks playing a high school gambling game, breaks up. 15 minutes later, my friend is shouting outside my window holding 2 bags of mcdonalds ---adding insult to injury there were 3 hot chicks coming into my building to go to the guy next doors place. My friend decided to go up the block and surprise me with a Bacon Angus Burger...I just finished it... here's the review.

First bite of the Angus 1/3 Pound Bacon Burger was tremendous, the perfect amount of bacon and ketchup and surprisingly RED onion. Could stand one or two more pickles, as the patty is pretty massive. The beef itself is the standard angus/7dollar burger/tgif style patty that the fast food corps have been shoving down our throats as "high quality" for the last few years. I'm usually opposed to these types of burgers, in fact in an older thread I declared Burger Kings Angus line as trash on a bun. But I must say, this is a huge step up in flavor than a standard burger. Tastes like something you'd get at a substandard diner or a bar. They actually toast the bun. The bacon was pretty good. McDonalds has never embraced bacon as Burger King or Wendys has, but this was pretty solid, two crisp lean strips. Complimented the red onion very nicely creating a slightly bitter, oaky flavor. To top it off, McD's put 2 slices of cheese, one on the burger and one on the bottom bun. Excellent placement.

Obviously you can tell I was impressed, and not just because I have gone without fast food since late july...or I drank a dozen blue points. This was truly a burger that transcends McDonalds. For the time being I'd put this up against any national chains burger...in fact it blows the baconator/whopper/big mac/qp out of the water. Please treat yourself this labor day weekend, and pick up one of these tasty treats. They are also available in a deluxe (l/t/red onion/ketchup and mayo) and a bacon swiss/mushroom.

Enjoy!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: McDonalds Angus Burger - Unintentional Trip Report

OK, now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot for putting this Angus burger in my brain. Now I am going to have to sit here and fight the urge to drive to McDonald's.

SpaceAce
Old 09-01-2007, 06:57 AM

I had a tripple whopper a few weeks ago. With the works on it...

Prolly the biggest thing I have ever eaten. I'd say at least 3/5 of a lb. So disgusting. Felt like puking afterwards. I read up on it, I believe it packs about 1,3000 calories.

Angus is aight. I'm not a fan of the BBQ theme, but they pull it off well. It seemes its fresher than the usual [censored], IDK if its true, but thats my opinion/.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:22 AM

Burger King have been doing a range of Angus burgers for the last couple of months. However if McDonald's angus burgers actually look in real life, like they do on the website, then that's pretty impressive.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 AM

Matty,

You could be the new James Beard. Outstanding report.

How well do you like McDonald's in general?
Old 09-01-2007, 08:59 AM

Is the Angus burger available nationwide? I never look at the menu since when I go I always go with Double Cheeseburger and a McChicken for a cost of $2.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:07 AM

[censored] you OP in your [censored] [censored] you [censored] [censored] [censored] eating dyke. I was so pumped to eat one of these and they're only available in southern cal and NY. [censored] !
Old 09-01-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you OP in your [censored] [censored] you [censored] [censored] [censored] eating dyke. I was so pumped to eat one of these and they're only available in southern cal and NY. [censored] !

[/ QUOTE ]

patience man... don't give yourself a heart attack

nice review matty, almost makes mcdonalds sound appetizing.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:16 AM

The name just sounds so stupid I could never buy it. I go to McDonalds to buy [censored] food not pretentious [censored] food.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The name just sounds so stupid I could never buy it. I go to McDonalds to buy [censored] food not pretentious [censored] food.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BK one wasn't bad, pretentious name or not