Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:40 AM

Default 25NL video by ssnler

Hi guys,

I made this video because I was pretty bored. In all honesty it's probably not that good because I just found myself in a lot of standard situations against hugeee calling stations, whereas I wanted to get into 3betting wars vs the tags at this limit and stuff like that. I tried explaining some more non-concrete concepts but I wasn't able to show examples of it throughout the video =[. Though you still might be able to take a few things away from this video, especially if you're probably at or around 10NL.

So if there's a lot of interest in a video where I intentionally sit myself at some nit-infested table, then I could make one probably even tonight, but until then I hope some of you can learn a thing or two from my vid [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Additionally, I'm not even that familiar with the level of play you guys as a majority possess, so if these spots are all no-brainers then sorry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. And sorry for the coughing/clearing throat I know that can get annoying, but I'm kinda new to this whole thing so give me a break :P

Enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5lrzq7
Old 09-01-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: 25NL video by ssnler

Thanks for taking the time to make a video...dl'ing it now.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 AM

bump, hoping more people can see this, i enjoy making the vids but they're also quite time consuming, and i'd definitely appreciate some feedback :P
Old 09-01-2007, 05:25 AM

Right on man, thanks a lot for taking the time to make this for our viewing pleasure. Will dl and report back.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:35 AM

I will download and get you some feedback! I would be interested in a nitty table video [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 07:43 AM

First of all I want to thank you for the movie! Is really helpfull to see a better player play some microstakes! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nice table skin btw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Some questions:

How do you decide when to steal the blinds or not? You're stealing with hands like T8, Q8. Does the hand matter? Or just the opponents? Did you took into account earlier steal attemps (like: do not steal 3 times in a row?

Do you play suited aces from every position (saw you open with A7s UTG)? Do you think this is a good play on very fishy sites where you get called by every A (when the ace flops, you have a kicker problem)?

How do you put fold to 3bet in your HUD? Do you use Poker Ace?

Second barrel on the turn when an A comes: is this a standart play against a tight player? Do you use it more in blind battle or can you use it a raised/re-raised pot (the villain is then more likely to have the A)?

I would like to see another movie from you, especially on how to play against the TAG players. Liked your comments, the only thing I could critizise is the missing HUD!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:42 AM

Thanks for the comments Slimbo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

While the players were generally very loose, I also felt that they would still give up their blind, and even if they called, I'm usually in position and can decide how I want to continue in the hand. I didn't do much c-betting in the video, because the flops were usually drawy and multiway, but that's okay too. However, in regards to that one session alone, stealing was not only profitable (due to people not playing back at me) but was also used for image reasons (though to what extent I'm not sure).

In any case, the players didn't seem to really play back from the blinds much in the video, so of course it is also really player dependent (the profitability of your steals directly correlates with the calling/playback frequency of the blind players).

I would open some hands loosely earlier because the table was soft and wasn't playing back as often. In any case, what I wanted to do was establish a loose image, but I don't think anyone was really paying attention anyway. I should've stated that I was intentionally deciding to play very loose preflop (though I'm sure I did mention it a bit), and I don't really advocate every UNLer to open their range drastically to the extent where you're raising low Ace suited hands in EP (a play I almost never do at 200nl, btw). I think overall I also wanted to get into marginal situations with weak hands like that just so I can show you guys some interesting, tough spots, but I didn't really get that many.

I use Realtime HUD which you can find in the Software forum, by mikechops. It's a very very good HUD that I prefer over PokerAce, and not to mention, it's free.

Regarding double barreling, it's player dependent and shouldn't be used ALL the time of course, but one thing that should be learned is good spots to fire double barrels. Aces are great scare cards because they are easily within your range (if your opponent is going to be trying to assign you a range in the first place), and people just generally don't like continuing with mediocre hands once that scare card turns. Blind vs Blind and everything else are largely player-dependent, but in any case it applies moreso to tags because they are more willing to lay down weak hands when I give them a reason to.

I'll probably make a dry-table video tomorrow during the daytime, and hopefully get into those tough spots I mentioned earlier. I'll see what I can do as far as getting my HUD to appear, because it's worked for someone else in SSNL but I really don't see what I can do to get it to show.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:54 AM

Thanks, pretty awesome video.
In fact I love stuff that is more "standard". Hard decisions are always nice to watch, but I suppose a lot of us have some very minor, but frequent flaws we don't even recognize, and vids by more experienced players are a great opportunity to compare styles in standard situations and spot the minor leaks.

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding double barreling, it's player dependent and shouldn't be used ALL the time of course, but one thing that should be learned is good spots to fire double barrels. Aces are great scare cards because they are easily within your range (if your opponent is going to be trying to assign you a range in the first place), and people just generally don't like continuing with mediocre hands once that scare card turns.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting though, I'd actually hesitate to double barrel in the hand you did it (probably one of these minor leaks). Reason is I'd usually put your opponent on the flush draw, so when the draw doesn't complete but an ace hits, I'm actually afraid the ace helped him more than me, since ace-high flush draws seem to be way more common then lesser ones. Is that just a basic mistake on my part or is double barreling the ace in these situations profitable none the less?
Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the vid that's always interesting to watch a good player.

I have a question regarding when you double barrel that J6o hand in BvB (~14:30) : given that you have second pair doesn't it turn your hand into a bluff ? I'd like to hear the reasons for these kind of plays, I am probably too passive on turn and river and I'm trying to change that.

Also it would be very nice to have a video of you exploiting the tag regulars.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:02 AM

I would very much like to see video where you play against table of multitabling <20 vp$ip players [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] or something like that