Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Preflop 3b w/ QQ

3bettor is a TAG, no reads other than that. What is your standard line here? How about OOP? How about with AK IP or OOP?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $105.40
BB: $63.10
UTG: $72.45
beachbum (MP): $100.00
CO: $40.15
BTN: $53.00

Preflop: beachbum is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, <font color="red">beachbum raises to $5.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $17.00</font>, 2 folds, beachbum ???

edit: AK feedback too
Old 09-01-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Preflop 3b w/ QQ

You can't fold this pf to that size 3 bet, ever. If sb 3 bet all in, then you might have an interesting decision.

I take the same line w/ AK. Some may suggest 4 betting it, but I hate doing that.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 AM

I typically take a flop with QQ IP, AK I will take a flop a lot of the time as well. I like the idea of playing a big hand against and aggressive opponent with position.

OOP I am more likely to 4 bet the AK and go with the hand. It's just going to be hard to extract value in this hand when we hit the flop.

However, this can is a pretty generic example. Usually when I play, if I know someone is TAG, I have a better feel about there post flop play than simply TAG.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:09 AM

Yeah, def tough situation. Since ur in position I guess a call isn't that bad.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:15 AM

call with QQ + AK, if i were oop with qq i push to his 3bet, ak oop is [censored], prolly just call and c/f an ugly flop
Old 09-01-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ak oop is [censored], prolly just call and c/f an ugly flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You really aren't going to hit and get paid often enough to make this profitable. If you do call pf, you are going to have to make some kind of move on him postflop to make it +ev.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ak oop is [censored], prolly just call and c/f an ugly flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You really aren't going to hit and get paid often enough to make this profitable. If you do call pf, you are going to have to make some kind of move on him postflop to make it +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's getting 2.2:1 on a call.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I typically take a flop with QQ IP, AK I will take a flop a lot of the time as well. I like the idea of playing a big hand against and aggressive opponent with position.

OOP I am more likely to 4 bet the AK and go with the hand. It's just going to be hard to extract value in this hand when we hit the flop.

However, this can is a pretty generic example. Usually when I play, if I know someone is TAG, I have a better feel about there post flop play than simply TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

So QQ OOP you 4b? Shove or to like $40? Whatever you chose, I suppose you have to balance playing AA, KK this way too. Although, he's an unfamiliar TAG so this would effectively start to establish a history.

I think just calling with QQ saves money, at least me money. It seems like when I get AI preflop in this situation, I'm almost always up against AA or KK, occasionally AK, and rarely JJ or TT. If you figure you'll fold on any A or K on the flop, but get AI on anything else, this will save you from getting stacked 1/3rd of the time if you're against AA, KK, or AK. Am I making sense?