Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 08:16 PM

Default (razz) Making a complete bring-in HU

When I play heads up razz and I'm the bring-in, I don't think I've ever made a complete bring-in. I think it gives away my hand if it's a good one, and exposes me to a lot of risk if I'm bluff.

However, a lot of players I'm against seem to make this play very often. I can see some possible purposes: stealing the antes, bluffing to put the opponent on tilt, or trying to prevent the opponent from getting a free card. What do you guys think? Is this a play I should be using sometimes? What reason are you most likely to use it?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:51 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.
Default Re: (razz) Making a complete bring-in HU

Only time I do it is at the end of a tourney when the antes are high. Otherwise in a HU ring game there's not much to steal.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:01 AM

I do it in a lot of situations. And while HU there may be little to steal, I see no reason to give it away, either. If I'm bring-in, the other guy is gonna instacomplete no matter what he has usually. If I have a couple cards to play behind my big card, I want him to know.

BTW, I never bluff this way. Ever. People with real garbage get frustrated and call me. Then there's a pot to win.

I complete on the bring-in HU or three-handed. They are my best games at micro Razz. Followed by 4-handed.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:29 AM

I pretty much don't unless our door cards are the same. Then I do with my best and worst hands.

I love people who bring in full in big-little or medium-little situations. There's no reason not to raise them anyway. They're just making the pot you steal bigger.

In little-little spots, I wouldn't do it unless my opponent really liked to just call, in which case I'd again do it with my best and worst hands until I figured out if that extended to full bets. Against somebody who will usually try to steal, limp-reraising is way too powerful to give up.