Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 PM

Default AJ - I keep betting

Reads: SB is a regular with 20/1/0.64 after 600 hands, MP3 is 70/0/8 after 34 hands.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.15.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (10.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP3 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

PF: No raise yet, so i am pleased to do so.

Flop: No one bets, so maybe someone wants to fold ?

Turn: I now have a flush drwaw, i´m getting 1:6.5 , so i fire again.

River: I´m frustrated. Sometimes they fold, at least when i have top set -&gt; So i give it a shot getting 1:10.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: AJ - I keep betting

PF, flop is fine
Turn, just check
River, c/f
Old 08-31-2007, 12:38 PM

Shortly put: Sure, Sure, Uff, Uff.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:55 PM

The flop bet is good for 2 reasons:

1. You may have the best hand == value == get hands to fold, increasing your chances of winning.

2. So that you can take a free river if you want.

When you improve to a slightly better drawing hand, you should take a free card. It is far less likely that your A-high is the best hand when you get callers on the flop. Your looking to make your weak flush, or spike an A or a J with your free-card. You should take it.

The river is total spew.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 PM

Take the free card on the turn, when 3 people call your flop bet on that board, you'll need it. River is pretty bad. The reason they fold when you have top set is they have nothing, but you beat nothing here..

Edit: I didn't notice it was 2 players on the turn, still I'd take the freebie. Also meant to say you beat their nothing hand on the river.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:01 PM

Does everyone think the flop c-bet into 3 lpps on a drawy board is super sweet? (note, 0.1/0.2)

I feel its sort of meh, but were last to act so ATC should due fine?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:13 PM

I dont mind the flop c-bet as you were acting last, however I was not that keen on the preflop raise.

Even though you know that MP is loose and the poster has a random hand, you dont have a read on the UTG limper.

I doubt that your raise has much fold equity and that you are that much of a favourite with AJo in what looks likely to be a multiway hand.

So, I would have preferred to just limp and see what develops.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 PM

I agree that the c-bet isn't nessesarily wrong as per my fist post, but is it expert (ideal) play?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:22 PM

It's not so much a cbet as it is a hand protection bet/free card bet.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that the c-bet isn't nessesarily wrong as per my fist post, but is it expert (ideal) play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it triggers off the pfr...if you raise preflop, you should bet the flop, if not, not necessary.

This could be a decent opportunity for your freecard play, too. The only thing that worries me is that our small-sample read on MP3 makes him look LPA, and there's nothing that LPA's like more than c/r'ing a PFR on the flop with ATC...if the TAG hangs around after that, too, our hand isn't looking so good. otoh, the flop is dry, so you might still be sitting on the best hand.

Edit: damn you, Chad. If only I hadn't decided to add the "otoh".