Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 AM

Default 25NL Multiway pair+fd, c-bet gets raised and coldcalled back to me

Both opponents are donks. BB could have any two pair, set, or even overpair (passive preflop) here but probably doesn't have a flush draw, he'd call with that or push. UTG's call is what concerns me, if I push and BB calls (which he usually will), UTG can close the action and will call with any better FD for sure. A spot to muck a combo draw?

Also should I bet more on flop?

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $49.29
BB: $19.41
UTG: $21.55
MP: $23.85
Hero (CO): $25.64
BTN: $23.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1.00, UTG calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.50</font>, UTG calls $5.50, <font color="red">Hero...
Old 08-31-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: 25NL Multiway pair+fd, c-bet gets raised and coldcalled back to me

I never fold, I call and evaluate the turn. If you hit an 8, 7, or spade, I probably try to check-raise the turn. Otherwise check/call the turn depending on their action, obviously a check-bet-raise turns into a fold for you on a dry turn.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:38 AM

He's in position so checkraising could be difficult. You should give it a try though.

Anyway I like a call here, too. You can't fold getting these huge pot odds and you have posistion for the rest of the hand. If you miss the turn and face a big bet you can fold.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:14 AM

I think I bet more on the flop especially with 2 opponents. Nearly the pot (3,5$ or something like that) and I always call for the turn, but a minraise is so ugly. I think your opponents are not very good because of minraise + donk call OOP with the raiser so shoving your pair + draw is not a good idea since fold equity is imho very low. Put BB on a Jack, UTG is most likely on a draw imho.
Call/reevaluate turn.