Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Four hands from last session.

Any advice in any of these spots here? i don't want to give away what I was thinking here yet, but I didn't really have any ready on any of the villains since they all occurred early at each table. Also I am new to FT so i have collected no data yet.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed)

Hero ($51.30)
UTG ($14.65)
Button ($50.20)
SB ($50.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, SB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $22</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?</font>

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed)

SB ($49.45)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($31.85)
MP ($11.45)
CO ($47.70)
Button ($69.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3.25</font>, Hero calls $2.50, MP calls $2.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($9.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, MP folds.

Turn: ($19.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10</font>, Hero ?

Hero ($120.50)
UTG ($50.25)
MP ($50)
CO ($49.25)
Button ($92.05)
SB ($21)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($3.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $13</font>, Hero?

MP ($8.80)
CO ($24.60)
Button ($27.40)
SB ($47.85)
BB ($77.15)
Hero ($70.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($5.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls $4.50.

Turn: ($14.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, SB calls $10.

River: ($34.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero?

Some things I know I did wrong here. In hand one raise more, in hand 2 I didnt realize he had made it 3.25 for some reason till i was reviewing the hand, I would fold PF normally.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Four hands from last session.

hand 1, rr allin

hand 2, call

hand 3, call the flop obv

hand 4 value bet
Old 08-31-2007, 12:29 AM

1) fold, the only hand you are beating right now is TT. This looks like a big over pair or possibly a set

2) it might be spew, but I think I call the turn bet and hope to fill up or make my flush. If I miss I'm c/f. If villain had bet pot on turn, I think I would fold. (Is this a leak?)

3) I would'nt 3-bet 88 to begin with. Once villain 4-bets, it's an easy fold

4) check behind on the turn for pot control. I would probably call a river bet of 1/2 pot or less.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) fold, the only hand you are beating right now is TT. This looks like a big over pair or possibly a set

2) it might be spew, but I think I call the turn bet and hope to fill up or make my flush. If I miss I'm c/f. If villain had bet pot on turn, I think I would fold. (Is this a leak?)

3) I would'nt 3-bet 88 to begin with. Once villain 4-bets, it's an easy fold

4) check behind on the turn for pot control. I would probably call a river bet of 1/2 pot or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I can see that and can't argue.
2. I think pushing here is better then calling because you fold out better draws and you have great equity vs the only hands villian can have (1 pr hands or MAYBE kkk qqq which youre dead to, but they are unlikely based on small flop bet).
3. I can see not 3 betting, but how can you fold this with probably 6 outs? You're getting immediate 5-1 and implied is much greater. I wanted to push!
4. I don't like check here cause there are draws now, and the board is so safe. Is it not most likely that he has A-small. Its even less likely he has a set now too.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:51 PM

bump
Old 08-31-2007, 05:02 PM

hand 1: Your 3bet is pretty small...im pretty sure you are beat...i would prefer a fold but a read would be nice.

hand 2: I prefer folding because none of you outs are clean and villian seems pretty strong. I dont think the implied odds are worth it especially when combined with reverse implied.

Hand 3: Never ever call here..any card that helps you kills your action and you only have 6 outs. If you think villian will fold to your 4bet AI then do it. Fold equity is the only thing you have going for you in this hand.

hand 3: about 12-15 on the river...fold to a shove...you will have good odds...but no hand that you beat crai on this river with this board.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:21 PM

1: meh since its bvb i prolly just shove

2: like you said pf is obv a fold. on the flop i think a raise is pretty nice here. he has to fold all his ui pps and all his broadway that doesnt contain a K. a flop call is fine though. once he double barrels you can prolly narrow his range down to QQ+, 77, ak/kq and occasionally some other stuff. you're a pretty big dog here. i dunno about th emaths but since he only bet 1/2 you might have odds just to call and hopefull improve in the river, however you could be drawing dead.

3: why would you not fold here? what makes you think hes bluffing? i wouldnt recomend thinking that an UTG raiser always has [censored] on low flops. Id prolly call the flop and bet any non AKQ turn if checked to.

4: i'd prolly make it $20, or just shove... seems like he has Ax
Old 08-31-2007, 05:26 PM

thanks danny for some thought on the matter,

1. Is this an always stack off light situation BVB first hand etc?
2. If I have a read that over 10 hands that hes "good" does this change anything?
3. If I have a read that hes "bad" after 30 or so hands and about 34-10 does this chagne anything?
4. Shove for sure worked well.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:14 PM

Hand 1 :I've read some people saying all in here but you want to get the most money out of him and to be honest i think you first have to put him on a hand and it all depends on what type of player he is. I think the only thing you beat here is 10 10, maybe 88 or a bluff if this is a tight player. On the other hand if he is agressive then i would suggest just calling here, chances are he is going to go all in on the turn no matter what the card is. Its a tricky situation though because just calling your re-raise really makes me think he has a pocket pair and to check raise the flop suggest trips. I think PF you hand was best but this is a very marginal decision and il look forward to seing the outcome. In conclusion to this hand i would push as it is blind vs blind.

Hand 2: First of all you shouldnt have called here, even if the raise was only $2 our out of position to the raiser and you still have 2 players behind you. I also think that on the flop cold calling on this paired board is the wrong move, i would personally re-raise as it is a nice flop texture and you have good fold equity. The only hand i put him on after his raise out of position on the SB, that he would call you with, would be AK. If he has QQ or JJ it would be hard for him to carry on. This aside on the turn i would probably just fold, right now all i can see u beating is jacks, i dont think he double barrels here. This is why i would suggest a re-raise on the flop, risky with another player in the hand but he limped called so this board probably doesnt help him. But at least you would know where you were. All in all i'd have folded PF.

Hand 3: I think this hand is ok, but i would absolutely fold there. With an UTG raise he most likey has a big hand. After you check raising he knows that you are strong too so has no need to slow play an over pair here. On the other hand he did only double your raise which would lead me to think that he may also have AKh or AQh perhaps. I which case you are ahead but are by no means favorite. I think folding here is the right move.

Hand 4: I personally hate these situations! It is possible that he has called you with A10d or something like that but i dont see why he wouldnt raise the flop or at least lead out to see if his ace was any good. I have looked at this hand a few times and i think he must have some sort of suited ace like A10 or maybe AJo and just be trying to show it down, the only hand i see you being beat by is trips and him checking to you on the river i just dont see him having it. I think on the river he would bet small and hope you push with trips. Soooo my thoughts on the hand to get the maximum value are
bet $5 on flop ($5.75)
bet $15 on turn ($15.75)
Then river is $45 and you are left with just over that, about $48 or something you can then wait a while, get him thinking about making a hero call, and push all in to make it look like a bluff but it wont be too much of an over bet so wont be tht suspicious. Thats how i would have played the hand, on the river i still think you are good, but the way you played it i would probably just bet about $28 and get some value out of it. I think if you over bet or bet pot he can find a fold here.

Hope that helps you, I know there are some long explanations in there but you can hopefully find something useful from it. If you have any questions just ask.

Lewis
Old 08-31-2007, 06:44 PM

Thanks lewis, I like your analysis of the hands, First hand i just had no read at all so I didn't know what to do, I pushed he showed down QQ i lose.

2nd hand I wish i had raised the flop or the turn, i REALLY think that call flop push turn is the right play here vs his range. I need to start thinking more about what position people raised from and adjusting accordingly. I called turn, rivered a flush and lost to his AJss #$%%*

3rd hand I had a small read that he was a donkey so i thought my hand might even be good and 6 clean outs. I called and hit the 7h for straight on the turn and got it in vs his Ahjc and held

4th hand I put him on ace garbage and pushed because theres no way he gets there with anything else except axdd and he doesn't even have a pot sized bet left so I'm not getting away from a flush unless I check behind and I'm not checking behind so all in it was, he called with A8o and I'm good.