PokerStars $0.50/$1.00 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

CO: $45.85
Button: $101.10
SB: $164.85
BB: $180.45
UTG: $101.40
MP: $100.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls $1, MP folds, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, Hero calls $0.50, BB checks.

Flop: ($5.00) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $3</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls $3, BB folds.

Turn: ($11.00) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

River: ($27.00) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $23</font>

I feel really bad about the way I played this hand. I think I should have just c/r the flop. Or just gone ahead and led out. I was going to lead the turn, but when it came the flush I pussed out. Then he still bets the river. wtf else does he have? Hes tight so I dont think hes got a 2x hand, and who puts in a value bet with a 9? ugh, I feel like such a fish. What should I have done differently, and is this a river call?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: gah, hes still betting

grunch

i agree that you should just c/r the flop. your (quite reasonable) plan to trap the field isn't looking good with just BB left to act behind you.

anyway, since you didn't, i don't really mind the way you played the rest of the hand. you look pretty wa/wb unless villain has something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9x, so letting villain keep the lead with A9 or TT or whatever while simultaneously not getting raped by a flush seems like a fine line. maybe make a small value-donk on the river?

as it went down, you played so passively that i think you have to call the river. i agree that it's disconcerting that villain has fired 3 barrels here, but surely this is a worse hand more than 1/3 times?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:01 PM

I think villain has a flush a lot here. It's how I would probably play it. The problem is we haven't defined our hand, or really let villain define his. i.e. we need to be betting this flop. I don't see what we get out of a checkraise.

to elaborate on the flop. If we bet, and he raises the flop with a flush draw, then it's pushtime. Flush draw go home. If we checkraise, he is probably going to be making us decide to put our stack in.

Buzz

edit: additions
Old 08-31-2007, 03:14 AM

What's everyone think about a river block of maybe $10? Too transparent?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 AM

Don't check-raise or check-call the flop. Just lead instead. You can't check-raise because you can't really expect anyone to bet so you lose value most of the time for one thing, and because you're going to get a lot of worse hands to fold when you do which also loses value. Check-calling is bad because again you don't know anyone will bet, and when they do if you just vcall you aren't making them make a mistake to draw to a flush etc. Betting out is best.

Betting out is usually the most deceptive play too, by the way. Most players will think they way you think -- you should check trips to get as many people in the pot as possible. Nobody will ever believe you could be leading with trips, and you'll get loose calls &amp; even bluff raises.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:54 PM

i definitely think you should fold. he's way more likely to have a flush than the case deuce, especially given his big bets.

the flop play is fine. i'd often bet because slowplaying has a tendency to blow up in your face in limped pots, but there's value in letting someone bluff or catch a pair if no one bets the flop. once someone bets, i don't like checkraising. might as well type "i have the 2 of diamonds" in the chatbox
Old 09-02-2007, 04:36 AM

very very unlikely he has trips here, and if he does have trips, it's with the ace kicker. you've underrepresented your hand, but i can't see him ever value-betting a worse hand here. all you beat is a bluff. i'd fold. seems unlikely that he'd 3barrel here w/ total air.