Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Stars vs Full Tilt micro players

I posted this in the NL Full ring section but I got one response there so I thought I'd repost it here:

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a huge difference between the aggression levels of the micro players on Stars and Full Tilt.

I started playing on FT (full ring) again and it seems like you can expect a c-bet just about every hand and people bluffing AI w/ air a lot more often into tiny pots and people calling my c-bets a lot more often. It just seems like I've usually got at least 1/2 the table that are maniacs compared to usually 1-2 on Stars and I feel quite hesitant to get into a raised pot with these guys even though I know that they are raising and re-raising light.

Is this normal for FT now? It seems a lot different than when I was playing last year.

How do you adjust to this - not as much limping, tighten up, raise more, etc????
Old 08-30-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Stars vs Full Tilt micro players

Use the 4xBB+1 limper raise technique.

As far as players who C-Bet every hand, well theres not much yuo can do besides a) out play them post flop b) just wait for your big hand against them. If people are overly aggressive and move all in with air then just wait for your big hand. If guys are 3betting and 4betting light just pick your spots. Theres not much too it, you don't want to get too fancy with these guys besides probably 4betting them light a few times. Just pick your spots is the best idea against these types of players.