Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 11:42 PM

Default NL $400 weird spot vs maniac

Reads on opponent-raises frequently, but has not yet reraised pf but ive seen him 4bet some one else with AK and check down to the river. Also i havent seen him bluff both the flops and turns, usually if he bluffs it is on the flop as a cbet and sometimes he'll also bluff river.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $772.40
SB: $585.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $36.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $97.00</font>, Hero calls $61.00

Flop: ($194) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $172.00</font>

Pot Size: $366.00
Old 08-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: NL $400 weird spot vs maniac

bump
Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 PM

What's your image? if it's somewhat loose just call and see what he does on turn. If it's really tight he should be worried about your call pre and I can't say folding is wrong.
Player-dependent, though spot, standard would prob be to call flop though.. I really can't see him bluffing on turn.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 PM

I gotta ask does anyone think im ever ahead here? He definitely isnt reraisng me preflop light, the only hands i can see my self ahead of are AK and TT, i really doubt he ever reraises AQ, he seems to flat call my reraises with those kinda hands. My image for 3betting has been tight i guess, but i know he has called me light, like QT or J8.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM

If his range is AK,TT+ then you are about 50/50. But if you push he's only calling when you're like v F'd and the times he folds doesn't net you nearly enough money. So unless you can add quite a few other hands to his range, you can't push.

I think you can call if you're v sure he isn't going to fire again with AK. If there is like any chance he will blow you off the turn then you'll start losing money.

I dno, if he's really being that tight I think you have to fold as from what you've said, he isn't betting AK 100% there.

Yugoslav
Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Why are you not putting more money in preflop?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:57 PM

this is the very first time he has reraised me preflop, he raises frequently, and i 3bet him, but not to a point where he is instantly rereraising me. The reason i called is because i felt that even if i reraise, i will be lost on the flop. He probably flat calls with JJ+ anyway at this point and i am forced to shove any flop if i reraise pf.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:32 PM

it's a minor point, but this villain isn't a maniac at all.

As for the hand, I think you have to call the flop here and reevaluate the turn. I'm not ready to give villain credit for JJ/KK+ here just yet. The only problem here is folding to a turn push is gonna be tough since we'll be getting very good odds.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:26 PM

yea i know he isnt a maniac, but he also raises to 12 very very frequently, probably 75% of hands. And i have reraised him a number of times and he either flat called or folded. I was also wondering for those of you who think i should fold the flop, should i have just folded pf if i am not prerpared to go all in on a Jack high board? who thinks leading would be the best line on the flop
Old 08-31-2007, 12:43 AM

so many spots in this hand bothered me. Maybe i could have rerereraised preflop to like 225 or something, but i dislike this play the most. check folding the flop seemed too weak imo, but mayb leading would have been better. Also if i do call the flop what is my plan for the turn, check fold to a shove?