Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 PM

Default (razz) Typical hand from bring-in?

Okay, I think this one is fairly straight-forward, but just wanted to make sure, since I've never been very comfortable playing from the bring-in.

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (5.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (8.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (10.80 BB - $5.40)
Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: (razz) Typical hand from bring-in?

Fold 5th. fold 6th.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 PM

Seat 1 seems weak on 3rd when he just calls rather than completes. His check call on 4th also indicates weakness. Seat 4 likely has 2 good cards down but come 5th we are ahead of him. On 5th, I think Seat 1 could have a rough 9 but based on previous streets I think he may have one high card down. I think we are probably only a little behind on 5th with a better draw so we need to call. 6th becomes more tricky, Seat 1 has probably made his 9 with an 8 draw and Seat 4 probably has a made 10 and a monster draw. I think I would bail here as we are drawing to a 9 at best.

On the river Seat 1 most likely has an 8 or the rough 9 neither which he would be comfortable betting with 2 potential monsters behind him. I don't really like the bet because I think Seat 1 is committed to calling us down and he is going to beat us a fair amount of the time. Seat 4 will likely fold a T or worse which is the only thing we can beat but he probably won't fold a made 8. I think we could get him to fold a better 9 than ours but with 2 9's out of the deck, how often will that be. so to me check/call is the play.

edited to correct that we are probably slightly behind on 5th rather than ahead.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:10 PM

It's fine, although the river bet is sketchy. Oh, and I kinda wanna put a bunch of bets in on fourth to get the other Q out, but this is fine too.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I kinda wanna put a bunch of bets in on fourth to get the other Q out, but this is fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

at this level the other Q is not folding to a leading bet nor a c/r. I am fine with how the hero played 4th street because vs the opponent's "likely" ranges (assuming seat one would complete with a decent hand but limped in knowing he was closing the action, and the Q thinks he can play a 2 card hand 5 or lower with an A) he is a slight 39% favorite but won't be able to get the hand HU.

Raise 5th street both for value and to get the hand heads-up, hero is a 57% favorite HU vs seat 4's range (who probably now has a 4-card rough hand, or at best has a very rough 5 card hand).

6th street is an easy fold, your a HUGE 12% equity dog vs villain's range even factoring in possible pairs, your equity share of the pot is less that a bet. If you raised 5th as advised the pot would be 9.8BB and the hero's equity share would be 2.45BB - without spending the time to weigh the live outs vs the equity share (is someone willing to do this? I don't have enough time) I'd say its time to fold even if the hand was HU.

I don't like the river bet at all. You have one opponent drawing very live and another drawing to an 8 - betting here is suicide in the long run.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:29 AM

yeah I misread some of the action, sixth is a fold. sorry.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6th street is an easy fold, your a HUGE 12% equity dog vs villain's range even factoring in possible pairs, your equity share of the pot is less that a bet. If you raised 5th as advised the pot would be 9.8BB and the hero's equity share would be 2.45BB - without spending the time to weigh the live outs vs the equity share (is someone willing to do this? I don't have enough time) I'd say its time to fold even if the hand was HU.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean hero is 12% below fair equity? For a 3-way pot this would be 33% - 12% = 21%
Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean hero is 12% below fair equity? For a 3-way pot this would be 33% - 12% = 21%

[/ QUOTE ]

12% equity in a 3-way pot.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

12% equity in a 3-way pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
May I see your work on this problem then, b/c I come up with a very different answer.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:50 AM

n/m I was looking at 5th st.