Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Default How to play JTo

Villain is a certified maniac. I've seen him for less than 20 hands, but his stats are 50+/20+/3+. He's also raised every A that he's shown down, including a A6o which he 3b'd and then showed down UI.

He has also once bet/folded a flop, presumably on a stone bluff. I think anything short of a bluff he would have at least called down.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I knew villain could bet almost any hand in this situation, and because he didn't raise pf, an A was unlikely. Thus I raise. Once reraised, I figured villain for another at best, more aggro nonsense at worst, certainly worth a calldown.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

When turn was checked I figured the most likely scenario was that villain was trapping and the second most likely was that he had played aggro nonsense on the flop. So I bet, planning to call down if c/r'd.

River: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

I figured if he called a river bet I was a probable loser at this point.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

I kicked ass on this hand.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: How to play JTo

You lose money when you don't value bet morans.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 PM

i dont' mind the flop raise for the reasons stated. Also ur turn bet is good.

I think i would maybe sneak a vb in on the river if he's the type to call anything including K hi, but then again im obsessed with marginal value betting [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 PM

Damn -- I knew you guys would want me to bet the river.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:56 PM

Think of it this way, if this guy had an ace would have heard about it on the flop or the turn. He doesn't sound like someone who knows what a kicker is.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Think of it this way, if this guy had an ace would have heard about it on the flop or the turn. He doesn't sound like someone who knows what a kicker is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean turn or river? He 3b'd the turn.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean turn or river? He 3b'd the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the hand I see he 3-bet the flop and checked the turn.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 PM

Value bet the river.

If he's going to call down with ace high, he might call down with king high.
If he's going to call down with ace high, he will call down with worse jacks and 8x, 2x, pocket pairs, etc.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 PM

yeah i think i have to bet a river to gain a little value. reads seem spot on and i think this is good. however if we hadnt as strong a read we could argue a check to free SD but i think we need to bet this guy based on ur reads
Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 AM

Pf I would consider a raise. JTo is a weak hand but if the players behind me are tight I would do it. We have a maniac and a poster in front of us. Can't get any better. Also we may buy position. This is a good spot to make a move.

Once the flop comes and MP2 folds, we know we are getting to show-down. Only question is how. If he calls down as light as u say I like ur flop and turn line but would b/c the river for value. If he is a bit tighter (the b/f indicates this) I think just calling down is the best play. Let him bluff his chips off.