Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Default 99: 4/180 Final 3 GnG or Shove

This is the last 3 of a 4/180.

First I was gonna shove this, but then I tought that a go n go might work better here, because I might get a call from many hands that will fold the flop. I've been pretty aggro so far, and cbeting a lot of pots. A few of them I was reraised by SB which started this FT UBERTAG and has been opening up lately.

a few orbits ago I completed the SB w JJ and he checked.
Flop was T94x and I check shoved him and he called with T2 and I doubled through him. Since then I've been raising almost ATC I had in the SB and he would usually fold PF or my flop cbet. 2 times he shoved over and I folded.

So, I thought I might induce a shove here, and if not, I'm gonna shove any flop. I miscalculated my PF raise, so my flop raise was kind of an overbet (which I never did before), but except that I think its OK here.

Do you prefer a shove?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t6000 (3 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero (t49156)
BB (t65292)
Button (t155552)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t17000</font>, BB calls t11000.

Flop: (t29200) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t31556 (All-In)</font>
Old 08-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: 99: 4/180 Final 3 SnG or Shove

This is actually a go and go. On a stop and go you have to call a PFR OOP and then shove any flop. On a go and go, you raise PF from OOP and then shove any flop.

Anyhow, this seems fine if you think he is calling you light PF. I still prefer a shove for value if that is the case though.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:16 PM

My mistake, I meant go n go
Old 08-29-2007, 07:47 PM

Since he's never folding a better hand on the flop, this is basically a value raise followed by value shoving every flop....personally I prefer to just shove preflop with a hand like 99, unless you really feel he's calling ATC preflop if you make a normal raise, because he isn't going to make that many "mistakes" on the flop
Old 08-29-2007, 07:58 PM

I also much prefer a go and go with hands like KQ and AJ,AQ,AK.

Here is why:

When you make this move with 99 or some other pair, you turn your hand into a bluff on the flop. You only have 2 outs to improve.

If your hand has high cards you turn your hand into a semi-bluff which is much more effective as now when you get called, you have outs.