Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Worst hand I\'ve ever played

I was a bit lost in this hand which ended up in me making a terrible horrible balls up of it. Was down about 2bi at the time and had lost a couple of hands that I think tilted me a bit and in hindsight think I'd got the attitue of 'I must win it back' - obviously not good.

SB is a LAG 34/17 but about an orbit earlier folded AT on an AKT board - so does think about hands at least a bit.

I was really lost once I got raised on the flop, such a small amount too. I didn't want to fold for such a small amount, especially because he's laggy and I kind of expected it. I was pretty sure I was ahead. I think my plan was to call and see what came on the turn, applying more pressure if no AK or diamond came. I took a while to think about the call and at the time people in the chat box were saying to call if you have AK because he's got nothing. Although I didn't really take this into account I think it probably affected me subliminally.
The turn card was proabably the worst possible card, it made my hand a ton stronger on hand rankings alone, but it also made it a ton weaker relative to the hand in play. AK now has a straight, flush draw came in. So he pushes and for some retarded reason I called.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
hero: $76.45
UTG+1: $31.98
CO: $11.98
Button: $68.09
SB: $54.97
BB: $145.06

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $9</font>, hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($22.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $44.22</font>, hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($110.94, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $110.94)

Results:
Final pot: $110.94

To make things worse I then tilted properly and about 3 hands later get JJ in the bb, mr "I love to limp reraise aces" calls, lag from this hand raised and I pushed my fully reloaded stack. Mr "I love to limp reraise aces" then pushes and I'm stacked again. So two retarded moments and my shot at NL50 goes from green to red. &lt;Cartman&gt;I'm so pissed off right now&lt;/Cartman&gt;.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Worst hand I\'ve ever played

I very rarely get away from hands like this, so don't feel bad. It's hard to give them credit for those hands, but you have to take into account that they're putting their entire stack in as an overbet on a pretty scary flop. They're almost always going to have it unless they're a complete maniac.