Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Toss this boat?

Hi All-

I'm only really interested in the river action here. If you really want my take on pf, flop, or turn, i'll do it, but I'm not really interested in that discussion and feel sound about those streets.

So, I am a bit interested in river action, though the more I look at it the more standard it seems. So sorry if this is boring, my bad. Main villain here (BB) is a total unknown. Anyone not see value in the river raise? Anyone call the push? Anyone play river differently?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $38.70
BB: $38.85
UTG: $40.95
MP: $14.60
CO: $26.35
Hero (BTN): $51.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.75</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BB calls $1.50, MP folds

Turn: ($5.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $36.60</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $52.95 ($1.35 Rake)
Old 08-29-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Toss this boat?

I think this is a terrible fold. I like ur flop bet to try and take it dwn. the BBs call shud make u shut dwn which you do. the turn wud appear a blank. the BB checkin wud appear 2 show weakness as after u had shown aggro on the flop they must have thought you would call with a marginal hand if they had the the nuts they wud have almost certainly bet out here.
the river is your gin card you should be callon here 100% of the time. the BBs bet screams that they are strong but ur house is gd I put them on A8 - A10 nothin stronger than that
Old 08-29-2007, 09:04 AM

I cant fold this ever I think average 25 NL player plays alot of Jacks like this. I mean AJ and 77 are the only hands you have to worry about and his range is def wider than that.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant fold this ever I think average 25 NL player plays alot of Jacks like this. I mean AJ and 77 are the only hands you have to worry about and his range is def wider than that.

[/ QUOTE ]Yea, I'd never fold this too.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:09 AM

I've never been particularly impressed by a raise/fold strategy. Run us through your thought processes on the river again please. What hands are you putting him on here?He could easily be slow playing a J here I would have thought.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM

Can't fold here..Getting better then 2 to 1 to call IMO we are easily good here 33% of the time...
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 AM

Interesting. I was expecting to hear "standard" from everyone - I feel like in general I call way too often in these types of situations, and had a hard time putting villain on a hand that pushes here.

Out of curiosity, if I call, what do you guys expect to see here? You all really expect some mediocre strength J to slowplay 2 streets and then all the sudden be happy to push allin?

RJACOBS - It's not really a strategy. I raised expecting any Jack in the deck to be forced to call. The push surprised me a lot and smelled strongly of a big slowplay by a donkey.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 AM

You have to be kidding, right? What were you hoping to hit when you called a raise preflop and then bet out on the flop?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 AM

If you are confident that you are beat here more than 33% of the time than sure great fold. I cant ever be convinced Im behind that often here and call need a pretty sick read to lay this down.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I was expecting to hear "standard" from everyone - I feel like in general I call way too often in these types of situations, and had a hard time putting villain on a hand that pushes here.

Out of curiosity, if I call, what do you guys expect to see here? You all really expect some mediocre strength J to slowplay 2 streets and then all the sudden be happy to push allin?

RJACOBS - It's not really a strategy. I raised expecting any Jack in the deck to be forced to call. The push surprised me a lot and smelled strongly of a big slowplay by a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say any jack makes this play... they slowplay the flop and get someone to bet, so they check again on the turn hoping for another bet. Sorry, but there's no way I hit a full house on the river like this and then assume they have AA or AJ just because they raised preflop and called a flop bet. If that's what they have, NH.