Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Is this Multi-Accounting?

)
by Mennas Joint on 8/18/2007 11:56

So this took place on 6-10-2007:

I was railing a buddy of mine and chatting with him on AIM one sunday evening as he was getting deep in the full tilt poker 215 buy in 400k guaranteed tournament. He was playing extrordinary and was poised to make a deep run. At this point in time, i believe there were approximately 3-4 tables left so somewhere in the 27-36 players range. If i recall correctly, my buddy had a top 5 stack, and possibly even top 3. This was some time ago, so forgive me but a few of the details may be a bit foggy. Let it be known that my buddy was not staked in this tournament by the player in question so the overwhelming comment of people taking over their stakee's accounts is a null and void point. Out of nowhere around this point of the tournament, SpanishKey, also known here on P5's as Aaron Been came on the rail asking my buddy if he had AIM. My buddy didn't respond. SpanishKey was persistant, and after a few attempts at asking him if he had AIM, my buddy finally responded something along the lines of "no, but PM me on P5s if you want to talk." I was pretty interested to see what was so urgent, and i was happy that my buddy was filling me in. Aaron Been on the PM in a nutshell asked my buddy for an undisclosed amount of money (meaning i didnt ask how much he offered) to purchase his account for the rest of the tournament. My buddy on AIM was like, WTF, and basically took this as a slap in the face. My friend was a ranked player at that time, and was fully confident in his skills to take the tournament down on his own, and felt like he would be giving up alot of equity to sell off his account. He denied Mr. Been the invitation and went on to final table this tournment for a very nice 5 figure score.

I guess my point of this is a couple of things. It is very naive to think that this is only going on amongst a few players. This issue may be WAAAAAAAAY more widespread than we think. This is just one example of an attempted cheat attempt gone wrong. Now, I am not positive that it was Aaron Been (SpanishKey) that was gonna take the account over, or one of his close associates, but i am 100% positive that he had entered this tournament himself as there is a record of it in the Pokerdb in which Aaron finished in 2735/2765. I am also 100% positive that it was the SpanishKey account soliciting my friend, and I am sure if Pocket Fives holds PM records that this message was sent and recieved by my friend.

I will/would be very curious to see if Aaron Been comes here to respond to this, and maybe clear the air as to what exactly was going on that day. There is no excuse on this one that he was trying to help him through some "sticky situations." This was an outright attempt to purchase someone's account. I guess I am not savvy on all the rules and technicallities of the online poker sites, but this has to be not tollerated, and i commend my buddy and give him mad props to deny this attempt and play the tournament on his own, and give him alot of credit for placing highly in a sunday major final table out of almost 3000 players.

MJ P.I.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Is this Multi-Accounting?

I'm sure this happens all the time.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 AM

I'm sure something like this would be against Full Tilts TOS, and classified as multi-accounting.

I'm sure it happens here and there, I wouldn't assume that it is a rampant problem though.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure something like this would be against Full Tilts TOS, and classified as multi-accounting.

I'm sure it happens here and there, I wouldn't assume that it is a rampant problem though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd guess the problem is pretty rampant considering the personal anecdotes are pretty rampant.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:51 AM

So, to paraphrase, Aaron Been insulted someone at a poker table, who then had his boyfriend try to seek retribution? Standard.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 AM

wow. first the vanessa russo thing and now this? How long til CR drops aaron been.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. first the vanessa russo thing and now this? How long til CR drops aaron been.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the jury's out on Aaron Been; this out-dated, "foggy", unconfirmed incident, coupled with the amusing Rousso thread should really tarnish the guy's image.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:04 AM

In before move to Mods forum.

I'm all for getting rid of multiaccounting- but holy hell can people stop using the "I know it's true and I don't really have proof but I'd like this thread to be the impetus for others to come up with the proof" method?

It sucks ballz.

No seriously. BALLZ.

The damage to any name whether deserved or not happens the instant someone posts a thread like this.

Find the proof, then publicly out. What's so hard about that?

EDIT:
Jesus- now I'm not even sure wtf this thread is to be honest. Is it a cross post from somewhere? Or is this a first hand recollection by OP about events he was somewhat a witness to.
How can people not be more careful/clear with [censored] like this?

RichardHurtz = Mennas Joint? OP please clarify.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 AM

I seem to recall a website where you would agree to giving them 10% and they would have a "pro" sit on AIM with you during a final table.

Something like Final tabl helper. Anyone remember this service or what it was called?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a cross post from somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

iirc, there was a similar(exact?) thread on P5 that was deleted.