Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Default SnG strategy

I originally posted this in the beginners section, but was told that this might be a more appropriate place:

As a novice I was hoping some on this forum could odder some general strategy advice for playing SnGs at pokerstars. I have been playing on the same $30 dollars for well over a month now. However, the swings from almost breaking even to placing in the money on literally the last buy-in I can afford is getting very disheartening. It's like I'm in poker purgatory. I know my game has got unbelievable leaks, but I only started playing poker about 4 or 5 months ago. Any tips or advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: SnG strategy

the STT-FAQ has TONS and TONS of information and links (it is sticked at the top). You could spend weeks reading through all the links and plug lots of leaks in your game.

Just take the time to read a lot and get the basics down, then either post hand histories in this forum and/or read threads on questionable hands that ppl post.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Even if you have no leaks, $30 isn't really a roll for anything. I'd recommend depositing 30-buyins or more for the 6.50's if you can, and if not those at least enough for the the 3.40's. The rake at anything below the 6.50's is a real ROI killer. If you can't redeposit - you should probably grind the lowest limit cash until you have enough to play the 3.40's comfortably. Trying to beat the 20% rake at the 1.20's is a a huge waste of time IMO....
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM

$30 isn't much to work with on Stars, especially seeing how their really low STT's are a rake trap, I'd either flip someone for rolls or play the $2.20 sats to the 100k and then take the T$, repeat until you have about $75 then start with $3.40's.