Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:14 PM

Default KT: TP against possible maniac

Villain is 35/25/2 over ~100 hands. Is my flop raise terrible?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $72.50
BB: $80.30
UTG: $110.50
CO: $166.80
Hero (BTN): $100.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($12) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $76.30</font>, Hero calls $54.30
Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: KT: TP against possible maniac

Did you consider what you were trying to accomplish by raising or did you just raise to see what would happen?

If you raised for information, then his all-in dictates fold.

If you raised to get his stack in, then call.

To answer your question, I like the raise so we can find out where we stand but I would bet just a little more. This raise looks like your trying to buy a free card for the flush. If he reads the situation like that then he probably could push with TJ and we don't want that. Just like 25 rather than 22. When he pushes you have to fold. He could have bet out with 99, 9T, JT, QT, etc. If thats the case the I don't see him pushing even though he seems like a maniac. When he pushes it smells like a set or possibly a flush draw. If its a set then you lose 99% of the time. If its a flush draw, you lose 34% of the time; therefore, you lose here on average 67% of the time. So I like a fold when he pushes. If you had him beat then rest assured you will eventually have his stack.