Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Kings 300bbs deep against 2 aggro opponants

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $352.40
BB: $69.25
hero (UTG): $156.90
CO: $41.00
BTN: $123.80

Reads: <font color="blue">Button is 42/16/1.4 over 200 hands. He is very very aggressive, can and has made moves and all round is very good player, possibly the best and trickiest player I have come accross.

Sb is 39/19/4 over 200 hands. He is also very aggressive. He can make moves and c/r cont bets but not quite as fancy as button, a tad more solid but compared to typical 50nl villain very aggressive.

I have been very aggressive as well and we have all been 3/4 betting light, and raising continuation bets on the flop</font>

Preflop: hero is dealt K K (5 Players)
<font color="red">hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($6.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $13.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $27.00</font>

So whats your move and plan if you don't fold for the turn?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Kings 300bbs deep against 2 aggro opponants

I generally would fold this, as we are going to be playing for stacks and despite villians being aggro, SB still looks super strong here.
It's possible that I would continue sometimes but that would depend on the general flow of the game between us and the 2 villians.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:13 PM

If I continue this, I HATE having to deal with a turn card.

I think a HUGE percentage of these guys ranges are semibluffs. Lots of straight draws, especially combo straight+flush draws, lots of Ahxh hands. ETC. I assume that the first raiser could be just messing with your c-bet and/or have a semibluff/draw hand, and that the second raiser, knowing the first is likely to be raising litely, is often re-raising here with a semibluffish hand (though almost never air, I imagine, if he is decent). Further,I think decent, thinking laggy players know that ESPECIALLY against other laggy players, trapping is actually a pretty good play for them. For this reason, if you were murdered, I think these guys probably wouldn't be so boisterous on the flop.

Thus, just about any card other than a J or Q on this board (or any heart other than a k) scares the [censored] out of me. Name it - it completes a draw, and gives us the opportunity to make a REALLY big mistake on a really big decision with very little information.

Hence, I really like a big ass re-raise and a call of a push, expecting to see combo-draws a huge portion of the time. Am I crazy?

The whole 300BBthing does complicate this a lot. On second thought, that does make calling and reevaluating on the turn seem like it has a looooot more merit. So I might actually disagree with my first assessment based on how damn deep you are. But I think I do like it well past 100BB, just maybe not 300BB..hmmm... Gotta think more about this.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:17 PM

I think your analysis is good todd, but I don't think that these villians will be thinking that deeply. Just looking at their stats, neither player seems very good so I doubt they are thinking many levels deep, which makes me lean more towards one of them having a monster.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 PM

I like insta muck. WTF is there to think about.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:24 PM

Yeah, but read cookers assessment of them. He says they are good. My assessment is DEFINITELY only relevant if they are thinking (or at least half-thinking) lags.

Todd

Edit: My analysis doesn't require THAT much intelligence on the part of villains. Villain one needs only to think: hmm, c-bet in a decent size pot, i'm gonna [censored] with this guy here, and Villain 2 only needs to think, hmmm...Villain1 has been raising a shitton with air, my drawy hand is fine against most hands, and a reraise here looks really scary so they'll probably fold.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO
Old 08-28-2007, 12:29 PM

The fact that you are playing against two very aggressive opponents who just flat-called you preflop is a little scary. Sure, their 3-betting range is probably nothing like their open-raising range, but still. My guess is that you're ahead here, but might have to put your whole stack in to find out. If you could close the betting, I'd say just call and see if the turn is safe. But, you don't close the betting. So, I'd probably end up folding here, and then cry as they showdown AhQh and TT.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit harsh. Its a standard fold though, one pair deepstacked and all that...
Old 08-28-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your pic? link?