Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Leak from the Blinds? My PT results

Hi guys, I've been doing quite a fair bit of reading and understand the fundamentals. But I still seem to be losing money, and I believe there is a leak in my play. After looking at the PT stats, I realised my blinds are leaking real bad. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Can anyone advise if this is really a huge leak? Or I should be defending my blinds more?

How about other positions... I feel that I should actually be winning more from the late positions. How about my agressiveness from the various positions?

Old 08-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Leak from the Blinds? My PT results

you fold your BB too much.

also, your stats dont look fine to me, your PFR is way too low as is your VPIP.

also keep in mind that you are expected to lose money in the blinds. it is impossible to show a profit from the SB and BB.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:35 PM

So what is a reasonable figure for the figures you mentioned? I'm new to PT data, so I can only figure out that VP$IP is about 15 to 20. Mine is 14+
Old 08-28-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what is a reasonable figure for the figures you mentioned? I'm new to PT data, so I can only figure out that VP$IP is about 15 to 20. Mine is 14+

[/ QUOTE ]

In full ring, VPIP should be around 20 and PFR should be around 12. Although if you play in tight games, your PFR might creep up higher than that and your VPIP may go down a bit.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look in the Micro FAQ (top of the list of threads) for general PT guidelines. Also, you should give us some idea of what limits you're playing, as that influences some of these statistics. Might explain why your RFI is sub-5 from the Button and CO.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:48 PM

I expect someone better qualified than me will be more help here but one thing I noticed is your win rate is not acceptable for as tightly as you play. And I don't believe "loosening up" is the answer to your problems, a least not yet.

Your WTSD apppears to me marginally/suspiciously low and your Won at SD seems high. Also with only one exception the problem seems pretty wide spread to all positions.

Consider: When we do select and play a hand are we staying with a little too long sometimes? Also are we making too many weak folds on the river? A few good starting hands that turn to mush on the flop but we don't get away from them until the turn or river + a few hands in big pots that we fold inappropriately on the river (in other words good one in 5 but the pot is 7 or more) Those two scenarios added together could easily be retarding your win rate by 2BB/100 or more. You can get some help looking for this by:

Review your hands one by one (Maybe you do)
Participate in session reviews (Maybe you do)
Post em when you are suspicious. (Maybe you do)

But look specifically for these things because you might find some solutions there.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you should give us some idea of what limits you're playing, as that influences some of these statistics.

[/ QUOTE ]

$767.25/1,521 = $.50 LDO
Old 08-28-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Consider: When we do select and play a hand are we staying with a little too long sometimes? Also are we making too many weak folds on the river? A few good starting hands that turn to mush on the flop but we don't get away from them until the turn or river + a few hands in big pots that we fold inappropriately on the river (in other words good one in 5 but the pot is 7 or more)

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite a scenario for low WTSD and high W$SD... sounds like simple weak/tightness to me.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, you should give us some idea of what limits you're playing, as that influences some of these statistics.

[/ QUOTE ]

$767.25/1,521 = $.50 LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, .5044-something. So, he's moving around in blinds. We should know how much, and it's the sort of thing we shouldn't be expected to figure out for ourselves if he's asking us for help.

Ah, it's good to be home.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Nothing is very simple about weak tight IMO. OP's stats suggest to me that he is in a pretty safe place pre-flop to work on his post flop decisions. 14-15/ 7-8 is playing most quality hands and with reasonably good post flop decisions he should be able to get to a respectable positive win rate.

Is that optimum. No. Is it logical as a forward step. I think so. Expanding hand selection means finding and maximizing relatively slim edges and I know that is what well experienced player/posters are about. That can, however be confusing to players on a lower rung of the learning ladder.

I am suggesting he can achieve ~+2BB/100 by consolidating his already very tight preflop play with needed tight aggressive post flop play. Then start thinking about more subtle, incremental improvements. Crawl before walk before run before figure skating