Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 AM

Default NLCASH flopped top 2

I think this is a serious weakness of mine, extracting value from good flops...

anyway i dont have the hh at work, but we have been playing ~30 hands, i have repopped him once 1pf and taken it down. i'm playing at like 40/30 and have taken down the pots i have raised pf, having to fire two barrels once only. i've varied my cbets as usual from ~2/3 to psb on the flop, including some checks. anyway on to the hand.

$600nl, he has ~550 and i cover.

i raise j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to 18, he calls.

flop comes j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i bet 26 into pot of 36, he minraises to 52, I...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: NLCASH flopped top 2

I'd usually prefer slowplaying vs his/her first stand, but there are just so many bad turncards to come. I'd just make it 210 which should make him either fold or shove.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 AM

If this was a rainbow flop I'd be all for calling and raising any turn, but I'm not really down with that on this flop. 3-bet now and try to get it in.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 AM

yeah clearly on a rainbow flop i call, but in this spot there are so many ugly turn cards. ruling that option i think the issue becomes the amount to raise to...

a pot-sized raise to ~210 or so, leaves him with less than a psb on the turn behind. i guess the question becomes what does he call with? since the opponent seems to be passive with a small sample size i think this is hard to tell. obv sets, maybe Ace-high fl draw, or pair plus fl draw...?

i think this is where sizing your raises is really important, and that is something i am working on improving through play and through the CR videos...

im still struggling with this concept, however, i think the right amount might be like 150, leaving him a psb on the turn, where we are shoving any non club turn. thoughts?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:35 PM

There are like 234234 v common draws out there so I think you gotta keep getting more $ in.

He's gonna call/get it in with a fairly wide range depending on how he plays but you certainly aren't going to be behind it all.

Yugoslav