MP3 (t2020)
CO (t1470)
Button (t890)
SB (t1460)
Hero (t1500)
UTG (t1380)
UTG+1 (t1460)
MP1 (t1040)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t40</font>, UTG+1 calls t40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls t40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t240</font>, UTG calls t200, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls t200, SB calls t200.

Flop: (t1000) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1260 (All-In)</font>
Old 08-27-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: $27- AK reraise more?

meh, you could probably raise more, but it looks fine to me. you don't want to end up committing too much to a pot oop there.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:55 PM

reraise pre is bad. you are OOP, people dont fold, etc. as played flop shove is super standard.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reraise pre is bad. you are OOP, people dont fold, etc. as played flop shove is super standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds like a reason that you <u>should</u> raise.

you are massively ahead of various opponent's ranges; you are OOP; there are a few chips in the pot; re-raising there looks pretty essential there to me.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:13 AM

This hand looks standard. I would not have pushed the flop, I would have bet 1000 or so. I realize this is the same as going all in, but a non all in bet seems to get more respect in my experience. Then again, I could just be superstitious.
Well played.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but a non all in bet seems to get more respect in my experience

[/ QUOTE ]

you actually want people to call your bet here, 'cause you are massively ahead of villains' ranges on the flop - you have top two pair, with a flush draw and possible gutshot straight draw.

also, you may wish to consider check-raising here - check-raising may get more money in the pot, as there are still two players left to act on the flop and you might get some extra money in by players (esp the MP3 and SB players) getting squeezed.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but a non all in bet seems to get more respect in my experience

[/ QUOTE ]

you actually want people to call your bet here, 'cause you are massively ahead of villains' ranges on the flop - you have top two pair, with a flush draw and possible gutshot straight draw.

also, you may wish to consider check-raising here - check-raising may get more money in the pot, as there are still two players left to act on the flop and you might get some extra money in by players (esp the MP3 and SB players) getting squeezed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right for this hand, but I think that people notice you easier if you're going all in. It draws more attention and people will check hand histories if they see "all in" anywhere on the screen. And my thought is that it hinders your ability to steal later if you were perceived to be stealing and bluffing early on. Obviously this may seem a bit silly, and may be a bit silly, but it's something I've tried to do. Flying under the radar is important in an SNG so that people won't remember your aggression. This is a very small edge, if any, but easy to do.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 AM

Well played.

If someone calls you, you'll most likely double up. If not, you've taken down a nice sized pot early on. Win/Win.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:35 AM

i don't think postflop is good. you want to extract as much money as you can from both callers. So i agree with Josem, but only if you have a read on any of the callers to be agressive. although the structure of the flop is dangerous, someone might just call preflop raise with Q,J - then you're gone..
Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds like a reason that you <u>should</u> raise.

you are massively ahead of various opponent's ranges ; you are OOP; there are a few chips in the pot; re-raising there looks pretty essential there to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you are not massively ahead of various opponent's ranges, you only have ace high. missing this flop is a clear check fold. at the $27 level calling preflop seems more optimal. why gamble w/ a bunch of stations who are rushing to put their chips into the pot.