Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 PM

Default QQ 3 bet pot OOP on TTx flop

unknown villain

what are we putting the villain on PF? AQ+, 88+?

TT is unlikely now obvsly. What's my plan for this hand since no A,K,Q has flopped?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $52.55
Hero (BB): $50.00
UTG: $50.00
CO: $22.10
BTN: $48.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, UTG calls $4.75

Flop: ($13.25) (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $15.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $43.50</font>, UTG calls all-in for $28.50

Turn: ($100.25) (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($100.25) (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $100.25 ($3 Rake)
Old 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: QQ 3 bet pot OOP on TTx flop

I can't see AK or AQ raising you on flop. Given the action I'd say he has JJ+ most of the time, and maybe sometimes AT or 88.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:42 PM

this spot sucks. I think you have to fire more on the flop. This weak 1/2ish PSB could get bluffed raised or semibluffed raised by a larger range of hands oppossed to a larger cbet. Though we want worse hands to raise us it does put us in a tough spot IMO. But I think when we push we turn our hand into a bluff. Cause really after villian raises, if we push what calls?? AK/AQ probably not, 88, Tx (though a little less likely), JJ+, sometimes 99, J9 maybe but being a pfr UTG and callin a 3bet OOP i would def say at the bottom of unknown's range. Im pretty sure against villian's callin range if we push we are crushed. I think bettin more on the flop changes the hand a completely in that we arent bluffed as often and makes this hand easyer to play out, which then is probably still a close spot but i think a fold is probably the correct play here. TBH i think when you bet 1/2ish pot on the flop it screws up the hand completely.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 PM

Played it fine except your flop bet need to be more like 11-12. you are OOP and this is a great flop for your hand in a 3bet pot so all in is fine.

Its hard to narrow down ranges in 3bet pots at these limits...some of the crap I have seen is ridiculous so when I have a reasonable amount of showdown value I usually go with it.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 PM

For all of you who recommend betting more on the flop:

I agree that I should have bet a tad more but some are saying you should bet 12ish. I've read in other threads where in 3 bet pots, you should bet 1/2 - 2/3 so you don't scare off your opponents and allow them to play perfectly. Also, doesn't betting more force us to bet more as well when we want to bluff when we whiff our flops? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 09:03 PM

by bettin 1/2 psb you DO let your opponents play his/her AK/AQ and air in general perfectly...you see???
Old 08-27-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by bettin 1/2 psb you DO let your opponents play his/her AK/AQ and air in general perfectly...you see???

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that 1/2 pot is not enough, but I don't see why AK AQ and air plays better, when we bet less. It's not like they have odds call, they may see the small bet as an invitation to bluff more, but that's more often a mistake on their part, because often they can't pick spots to bluff well enough.