Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 07:18 AM

Default PLO 100, do you try bare ace bluff here?

villian is Lag,raises ~20-25% of hands,mostly high pairs with some backup or just suited.
here i put him on KKxx.
iam around 100,both have me covered.

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises to $15.5</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($48, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red"> Hero ??? </font>

iam really not a fan of getting it in PF with this weak aces.So given you/me are not reraising PF,how do you play here?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 AM

Default Re: PLO 100, do you try bare ace bluff here?

With your stack size relative to the pot you aren't going to be able to bluff effectively very often since they will probably just ship all flushes and sets, so the only time your 'bluff' will work is when you are ahead anyway.

C/F the fold and lead out on the turn if it gets checked around.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:30 AM

sounds reasnable,would anything in your play change if you had around 300 behind?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:48 AM

If my opponents were reasonable and I had enough of a stack to fire twice a reasonable size bet left for the river (that I would likely not make) I'd lead the flop and the turn if just called.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:22 PM

Why doesnt hero shove preflop? He can get 96/100 dollars in middle and knock out one player probably.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:22 PM

My experience with the naked A bluff is that it's a really good idea to have a read and, honestly, that isn't the kind of opponent I like to do it against.

However... it's a 3-way pot. I think I'd fire 3/4 pot at it, as I would with any flush at all. After that I'm done.

Also, I don't really understand why you didn't push PF. You should be able to raise to $60, and KK really has to fold if he has any sense.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:27 PM

Yes, but you get possible 2 pair hands out of there--like a wrap with no flush draw but TP. I think if you wait to fire until the turn, UTG with 2 pair is going to be likely to call, at least if LP maniac folds.

I think testing the waters is worth $36 in this situation. Basically, if you're ahead (which I think you are &gt;50% of the time), I think you can force a fold from a lot of hands that are not very big underdogs.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 PM

i check the flop and see what villan wants to do - if he fires he quite possibly has a K or slightly lower flush and isnt prepared to let it go. if i was deeper i would go for a CR on the flop as this is how i would usually play the ace flush

if you make it to the turn free i bet about 2/3 of the pot as this is what i would bet with the nuts

i never mind getting called caught out bluffing the ace flush - the last time i did get called down by a lower flush about an hour later i felted one of the more observant players i play with a made Ace flush as he paid me with a K high so i got all my money back. im sure he wouldnt have payed me if i hadnt been caught out earlier
Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM

Yeah, definitely fire 2/3 of the pot or so. You won't be able to make any flushes fold or anything but if the other reraiser has AAxx, then he's very unlikely to hold a flush and that only leaves one opponent to bluff out. If you get called, just give up.

Also, I really don't like the flat-call of the reraise PF. As crazy as it sounds in PLO, this is pretty much a push/fold situation. If you really think the reraiser has AAxx a very large percentage of the time, then flat-calling is worthless as your sidecards suck, you have no suits, and there may be no aces left. You're almost never going to improve on the flop in this scenario. If you're not willing to go with this preflop, you should just throw it away. (Note: Unless reraiser is a 28/3 or something, I'd be pushing this all day. Just saying that raising &gt; folding &gt; calling.)