Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 AM

Default AK large capped pot line check

SB is 31/20
CO 50/20
BT is 65/5/.7

6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (16SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero...

On one hand, I feel like this is a fold because they're going to raise behind me a lot and I could get trapped in the pot for a bunch of bets. On the other hand, there's a ton of bets in the pot already and if I hit the GS or make a flush they'll probably all pay off and may even go off with worse hands for multiple BB.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: AK large capped pot line check

I know what you mean about the multiple bets, and it's scary. What I usually do in this situation is call, and if it's raised and then three-bet back to me, I fold. Odds-wise, I'm not sure if this is correct, though.

Folding seems weak in this situation, and I don't mind having to call a bettor and one raiser on this flop. I don't want to get caught in the middle of a capping battle, though, both for odds reasons, and because it probably means that a lot of my outs are tainted, which is why I wouldn't cold-call a three-bet after my initial call.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:06 AM

Bad spot. However, even if we forget you king outs and heavily discount your ace outs, you must call here and call if it comes back 3-bet. Even if you knew the flop would cost you two small bets, you must call b/c of your gutshot + implied odds in this large multiway pot.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I usually do in this situation is call, and if it's raised and then three-bet back to me, I fold. Odds-wise, I'm not sure if this is correct, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote incorrect. If we are 3-bet, we will be getting odds that are very close to correct on our gutshot alone. These are mitigated by the non-nut Qc, the possibility of a cap, and redraws from sets. However, these are countered by our implied odds (another K pays us off big, plus the big pot forces many hands to pay off our obvious straight), our back door flush draw, and our (very weak) ace outs. I think folding to a 3-bet is bad. (However, if we're fairly sure we'll be three-bet, fold when UTG donks).
Old 08-27-2007, 04:18 AM

Uh, did your converter miscount the pot or is the rake insane?

4SB x 4 players = 16 SB
Old 08-27-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, did your converter miscount the pot or is the rake insane?

4SB x 4 players = 16 SB

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah fixed.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 AM

i call
Old 08-27-2007, 04:46 AM

Say the flop gets capped and everyone is still in. SB capped it. Turn is a low blank. Do you call SB's turn lead getting 16 to 1 again?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Say the flop gets capped and everyone is still in. SB capped it. Turn is a low blank. Do you call SB's turn lead getting 16 to 1 again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I surely do.