Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 02:47 AM

Default hh review groups- anyone interested?

okay i posted a while back to ask if hu had anything like lim's hh review groups. since no one said anything and none of the admins said it was inappropriate to post about i thought it might be good for the community.

that being said i'm gonna take the initiative of trying to organize one.

i'm specifically talking about newer players to intermediate. this forum lacks a lot of the really basic stuff and hu is such a drastic change from a lot of people's normal games i think this would be useful. so if you're interested post or pm me and i'll try to set up groups of like 4-6 that can work together to figure out how to improve or in some cases identify leaks. if there's enough interest i think this could be really good, and also if you pm me or post mention what general catagory you fall into, listing both stakes and if you're completely new or have experience but are tying to improve or if you're a solid player trying to become competitive or even semi-pro. this will make it easier to group people in ways that they will be with others who aren't in completely different situations/leagues. thanks and i hope this proves useful and isn't something no one wants. (if it is something no one wants, sorry to make the post and waste space.)
Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: hh review groups- anyone interested?

I'd probably be interested. I'm playing low-stakes (mostly $5, hopefully $10s soon) HUSNGs.

I've lurked around various 2p2 forums for a long time, learning mostly 'about' poker as opposed to learning 'to play' poker.

Trying to rectify that by getting more involved. I'd love to be socially pressured into doing thorough session reviews consistently.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help organizing this.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:40 AM

Is this about limit?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:40 AM

i'd be interested in being part of a group for .5/1 & 1/2 HUcash holdem and omaha.

-pm me
Old 08-27-2007, 04:13 AM

Id be interested in HUSNGs, I play $6 and I will be moving up to $11 quite soon.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 AM

I'm be interested in HUSNGs, I play $6 Turbo.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:53 AM

I would be very interested!

So far I have played 150 5,25$ HUSNG's on Stars with a 58.7 % winrate! Obviously I have to improve before moving up to the 10,50's. One thing I have to say: I'm from Germany and my english isn't very good. So I would prefer to write rather than to speak with other people!

Please pm me ...
Old 08-27-2007, 10:24 AM

well leader if there's interest then yes, but if there's only one limit player then i don't think the other people would know as much about what they should change/benefit much from working with them. i was thinking i'd try to get stuff started by the end of the week. that way there will be a few groups to put together. so far there's enough for at least one sng group and hopefully we'll get more cash game players to start a cash group or two.

also verte i was thinking this is how most things would operate b/c i know that people would have very different schedules. I.E. i'm in college so i have a few hours here and there to make notes on hhs and then send them back but am prob not free most of the time that people with real jobs are going to be free, so i don't think language will be a problem.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:16 PM

I think this is a good idea, I would personally be very interrested aswell.

I play HU-SNG, $11 + $22 turbo - Somewhat new to HU SNG.

I think it's a great initiative that can help people become more active in their learning process, and hopefully speed it up for many of us.

Looking forward to see if there is enough motivated people to get this up running [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM

Ya, I'd do it, I usually play $20-$50 NLTRN games depending on mood. I might make a video instead of an HH since I just downloaded Camstudio.