Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 AM

Default QQ, weird hand

UTG was playing 31.4/22.7/207 and I haven't seen him do anything crazy. MP was playing 12/6/117. Thoughts on preflop and the flop are appreciated

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($56.05)
MP ($54)
CO ($20.65)
Button ($23.80)
SB ($104.65)
Hero ($63.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.50, UTG calls $4.25.

Flop: ($18.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $50.55 (All-In)</font>, MP folds, Hero
Old 08-27-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: QQ, weird hand

you have to call once you c/r. why turn an overpair into a complete bluff if your folding here?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:57 AM

I think his range for shoving is something like JJ+, AK/AQs. I think you're behind here a lot and have to fold.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:58 AM

Preflop is one of those situations where all of a sudden I don't like my queens nearly as much by the time it's my action as I did when I first saw them. That UTG raise isn't that much of a concern, but the 3-bet from the rockish player in MP sure as hell is. I don't really like any of your options, but I think folding is actually a serious consideration, distasteful though it is.

On the flop, once UTG pushes, it looks to me like he was making a "clever" trappy min-bet, hoping to get raised. I probably start thinking set and fold, but, jeez, you are getting 2:1 with an overpair, so I don't think it's an easy decision or anything. But your flop checkraise does represent a good deal of strength following that preflop action, and Villain takes that as an opportunity to pounce, which doesn't seem like a good sign.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to call once you c/r. why turn an overpair into a complete bluff if your folding here?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah definitely lead the flop
Old 08-27-2007, 01:02 AM

why do you have to call now that you've check raised? i think its a clear fold after you check raise, but it is certainly very murky after that weak ass lead minbet.

I prefer to just check and see what UTG and mp do first, then make my decision.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 AM

what is my plan of action if i lead the flop and get raised by either player
Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do you have to call now that you've check raised? i think its a clear fold after you check raise, but it is certainly very murky after that weak ass lead minbet.

I prefer to just check and see what UTG and mp do first, then make my decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i did and i saw an "unconventional" minbet and call-what do you do in my spot?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is my plan of action if i lead the flop and get raised by either player

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if UTG raises and MP folds, you plan on showing down, if UTG raises and MP doesn't fold you should probably dump your hand, and if MP raises you get the hell out no matter what UTG did.

I don't like a flop lead, though. I'd prefer to see what the action is before committing any more money. MP has me very worried.

I'll admit that there is a big drawback to checking, though, which is that if MP is going to auto/c-bet (I'm not saying he will, but he might), then you won't learn a whole lot from the flop action anyway.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He 'c/r-d' a 1/40 pot donk, which was flat called by the pre-flop raiser. How is this turning his hand into a bluff?

OP pf is debatable but I think you played the flop fine. Think it's a fold now