Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 04:07 PM

Default 2 hands from bike 10k

Ok, this isnt my hand, but it was played by a well known pro at my table who is known for being nitty. Some of the details might be a little off, but I am pretty sure it is right enough to get the general idea right.

It is 200/400-50 and some guy limps utg, a guy who seems to try to outplay everyone makes it 1800 from mp that covers us, and we just call with AKo. I think we have something like 30,000 chips. The limper calls and it comes AdQh3d. The raiser bets 2000 and we just call and the other guy folds. The turn is the 3h. It check checks, the river is 2h. The guy bets 2000 into us and we fold. This seems like the weakest line ever with AK but I always try to figure out what these live pros are doing that makes them make ft after ft.

Ok...this hand is my hand. It is still 200/400-50 and I am in the sb with A7. The bb is the same guy that tries to outplay everyone. I make is 1200 when they all fold to me and he makes it 3400. He barely has more than me and I have 40000ish at the start of the hand. I just call the reraise with the intention of floating the flop, check checking the turn and bluffing the river, as this guy has shown that he wont stack off lightly. So, it comes Td6d3c. I check and he bets 3500 and I just call. The turn was a 2h. I check and he bets 7000 and I make it 17000, clearly trying to take it down here but still leaving 20000ish behind in case I get called. He thinks forever and then calls. (not good for me) The river is the 2d and He kinda cringes in his chair and I really want to give up but decided to push anyways.
edit: I guess I should add that i never bluff.

Ok...thats it...let me know what you think.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 2 hands from bike 10k

lol at hand 1

I think your plan is a big spew, obviously it works out well sometimes but so many things need to click perfectly. Once you go with it though when he bets the turn just fold. Don't know what to think of river, it's probably good.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 PM

hand 1. this certainly seems pretty retarded barring some obscene physical read. really not betting the turn is super dumb.

hand 2. if you think the cringe is genuine i like it. also, against guys like this i would maybe limp the sb, because A7 is such a hot and cold hand, and when you flop a pair you won't have too much of a problem manipulating the amount of money you want to put in....and yes usually you want to just take down the dead money blahblahblah, but he seems like he will be calling really light, and actively trying to take the pot away, which means you have to do pretty exotic things like this...which while they aren't bad certainly add a ton to your varience.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:59 PM

hand 1 is so lol bad. lol live pros. lol donkaments.

hand 2 i would rather 4b pf than call and try to outplay someone who tries to outplay everyone themselves. i also think just folding to his 3b is fine if he's not getting outta line wrt 3-betting ppl.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:11 PM

Hand 1 made me laugh

Hand 2 I just fold pf since the line you planned isn't going to work a lot vs someone of his description and being OOP w. A7os vs a deepstacked aggressive player is never profitable if they have a clue
Old 08-26-2007, 05:23 PM

I don't like hand 2. The way you played it makes it impossible to represent anything realistic. Which leads me to dislike your pf play and "plan"
Old 08-26-2007, 05:35 PM

Did he know who you are?

What do you think it's his impression of your play? How did you push the river? It was like an instapush or you took some time?

Edit: Oh, and BTW, I like the plan preflop, but I usually just call with A7 in the SB.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:35 PM

i dislike ur entire plan with hand 2, because u seem to fail to account that on certain flop textures whatever u think u are trying to rep with ur plan may not get telegraphed to "guy who tried to outplay everyone".

i prefer 4betting pre against this guy, but as played i would prob probelead the turn w intentions of 3betshoving