Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 05:48 PM

Default SNGs vs. cash games online

Hello all. I'm intrigued by these cheap SNG's on stars--$4 MTTs, $1 STTs, etc. My bankroll is $40 and I may not be able to deposit more anytime soon. I've been playing .05/.10 on Stars (some ppl would say I have to be at .01/.02 with my lack of bankroll, but I'm not). Can you build a bankroll faster by cashing in these SnG's? A typical STT seems to be a $1 bi for a $4 first place. Of course $4 is a lot to win in an hour at a 5/10cent table (seems these STTs take about an hour).
Are there differences in play between a NL cheap SNG and microstakes cash? I've played in one micro MTT and I'd say you get some loose play b/c of tourney format, so they end up as loose as the micro cash games, but that's one experience. Any ideas?
Old 08-25-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: SNGs vs. cash games online

A better option is to grind 1c/2c and move up in cash games, when your BR is sufficient then play some sng's overolled and record all your wins/loss and evaluate which is better for you.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: SNGs vs. cash games online

depends which one fits your style. I just go into phases and play nothing but cash for a month then nothing but tourneys for a month. Not planned I just get sick of one and do the other. As for building a bankroll I would say cash games are the way to build it steadier if you are a winning player. In mtt's you can triple or more your entire bankroll with just one. But if you don't have a bunch of buy ins you can lose it all pretty quickly