Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Full tilt MTTs stats, please evaluate

Ok after my first 4k tourney hands and a newly dled pokertracker, my vpip is 39 my pfr% is 18.4 and my aggression is at 1. Any evaluation or pointers would be helpful.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Full tilt MTTs stats, please evaluate

Try loosening up a little bit.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 PM

So, it looks like you limp a lot, raise about half that, and then just give up on the flop?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:22 PM

Forgot to mention these are the micro MTTs with a few 9max sngs. Loosening up at what point, pf, flop? In the tournaments I've played, I normally don't start feeling comfortable enough with my reads to push people out on the flop and if someone insta calls the second bullet I normally end up just checking it down or check/folding. With how short the stacks are I try to be an opprotunist by trapping and check raising on the flops that I hit. If I'm raising its normally only top shelf unless its from the CO, button, or the blinds. Recently I've gained enough confidence in playing SSC in middle position that my aggression should be coming up. This could be a possible overreaction to earlier discussions in the beginners section where my seen flop % was mid to high 30s and I was told to tighten up extremely. Now I tend not to have as many swings but I'm also not running as badly either. Anything to add after this or anymore analysis in general appreciated.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This could be a possible overreaction to earlier discussions in the beginners section where my seen flop % was mid to high 30s and I was told to tighten up extremely

[/ QUOTE ] So you were told to tighten up based on those numbers and your VPIP% is 39% so you're past the beginner stage and ready for more advanced advice. Am I understanding that correctly?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:12 AM

I'm thinking of trying to equaling these stats some month and see if I can achieve a positive ROI.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:40 AM

thats about the jist of it big and thay right now my roi is equal in equal out but feel free.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thats about the jist of it big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I just wanted to make sure you'd already ignored the suggestion you got in the beginner's forum before I made a mistake and gave you the first serious advice you'd get from anyone here (which would be the same). Guess I won't bother since you probably wouldn't listen anyway.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:41 AM

I didn't say I ignored it, from the way you phrased your response that answer was for someone just begining and that there were tweaks to be made in my game for the next level of play. Sorry for trying to make it clear I'm open to listen to anything
Old 08-25-2007, 01:46 AM

play less hands.

If you can't figure out what hands to cut, start with anything you typically open limp and easily dominated hands in early position like Kx, Qx, and < AJ.

Continue to tweak until your VPIP gets at least into the low 20's. When you have more post-flop experience you can play more hands.