Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Hero tries to three bet light

How is the contination bet here, is this good or a spew? If it's bad, what type of flops do I cont bet?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $99.00
BB: $84.40
UTG: $130.65
CO: $98.25
BTN: $123.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $3.50</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.50</font>, BB folds, CO calls $8.00

Flop: ($24) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $18.00[/color
Old 08-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Hero tries to three bet light

Be prepared to fire twice..
Old 08-24-2007, 05:32 PM

I would say raise a little bit more pf.
The flop is so dry you could bet a little less.
And choose a different hand to do this with pf.

Other than that very standard.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:32 PM

I don't know about a cbet on this flop.

You try to cbet (if cbetting air) with flops that arent drawy or potentially dangerous. What will you be making fold here? Only someone with nothing similar to your hand. Any two spades (and they'd both be overs 90% of the time here I'd say, only 2 is underneath), any overpair, and of course and set here will float or raise you.

I'd be happy to see what everyone else thinks about my response.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 PM

It seems like every other post in uNL and SSNL is people 3-betting light preflop and then being utterly confused after the flop.

If you are 3-balling preflop, make sure you know exactly why you are doing it. If you're not comfortable when this happens to you, don't 3b preflop. Simple as that. I'm not targeting OP, but I am laughing at every poster who has done this lately simply because they're mindlessly emulating those who execute it well at higher stakes.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 PM

Don't just 3-bet random opponen here. You want to pick someone that you got good FE at (both pre or on flop), at this time. And TBH I would rather do it with 78s then KTs.

At the flop I think it's a judgement call between checking and c-betting. If you decide to bet fire most turns since he will have small to medium PPs and take one street off alot.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 PM

Posted above is right. A lot of people do this not knowing why or how to do it properly and being lost when a board that they don't even see anyone folding to a cbet happens. Be sure you are the master of positional play I'd say and understand how to plan for a flop ahead of it coming before you start 3-betting light.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:47 PM

How are you supposed to learn how to play in 3-bet pots w/o playing in them? 2+2 posts can only go so far, you need to develop a feel for hand strengths through experience. OP I would give up here. I don't expect him to be call you light w/o any history.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You try to cbet (if cbetting air) with flops that arent drawy or potentially dangerous. What will you be making fold here? Only someone with nothing similar to your hand. Any two spades (and they'd both be overs 90% of the time here I'd say, only 2 is underneath), any overpair, and of course and set here will float or raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of it is because you're not gonna check when you have an overpair here, so why check when you have air?

I like it OP, but you have to fire turn too.

Also don't do this to unknowns.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of it is because you're not gonna check when you have an overpair here, so why check when you have air?

I like it OP, but you have to fire turn too.

Also don't do this to unknowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thac very true. I guess I should have thrown in what you said, against unknowns I don't know if I could fire here on this particular flop. Would just seem like a spew to me.