Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:02 AM

Default 10NL QQ over Pair against push

hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

This is only my second hand on the table so no reads.
Call or Fold?
saw flop

Button ($5.02)
SB ($13.97)
BB ($4.95)
UTG UTG ($7.03)
UTG+1 Hero ($9.90)
CO-1 ($8.90)
CO ($15.64)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG raises to 0.20, Hero raises to 0.50, 5 folds, UTG raises to 0.60, Hero calls 0.30.

Flop (1.75) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG moves all-in for 6.23, Hero ???
Old 08-24-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: QQ over Pair against push

From what iv seen at these small limits is ppl like to shove draws like this. If hes got a made hand hes going to try and get value out of it.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:03 AM

I hate this without some kind of read on the player.

It could be a big draw, an over pair smaller than your queens is also possible - depends on the villain. Your QQ has not too much chance of improving, so if you're already behind, or if the guy has some monster combined draw it's probably bad news by the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd probably call and tell myself "I knew it" when he flips over the aces.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:03 AM

Yeah I've noticed that. mostly with short stacks though. Although He did 4 bet pre-flop, only a mini rasie so that could mean anything couldn't it?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:24 AM

I'd say that there are better spots to put your money in than this one. I think he has AA/KK and wants more action preflop than he got from you. I find minreraises preflop suspicious and from my experience they mean AA/KK 90% of the time for fullstacked players without reads on this limit.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:18 AM

Two things, first,when you reraise preflop, which you should, make it like .80. Second, when villain 4-bets from utg, (yes even a mini 4-bet) its usually kk or aa. There are goofballs out there that will a shove with AK and TT+ or worse but you have no real information that villain falls into that category yet. I fold to the all in.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what iv seen at these small limits is ppl like to shove draws like this. If hes got a made hand hes going to try and get value out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I have found at this limit is that you can't absolutely determine hand strength by bet size. Many villains have no clue as to how much or why they should make bets. Villains mini raise on the flop suggests to me he's either weak-tight or slowplaying AA/KK. Weak tight players don't shove here with anything your beating. So many people will call this with junk that shoving here with AA/KK can be profitable (not the most profitable though).

Everyone who plays this level is basically making a ton of mistakes, myself included, so what our goal should be is to make fewer and less costlier mistakes than the next guy. While yes folding here could be a mistake, its not a big mistake. We are probably at best 50/50 if we call here. The pot is giving us a little better odds than that so our expected profit on this is not that much to begin with and that's without figuring the effects of rake. We can afford to make that mistake because sooner or later we are going to hit a big hand (set,house,flush,straight) and someone else will make a bigger mistake against us.

To OP, next time put the stakes in the title, people are anal about that around here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]