Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Marrawanna

would any regular users like to share their thoughts on how it has affected them? professionally? academically? socially? etc etc long term effects?

i only do the stuff because im around it so much. it really only entertains me to do it when im either playing video games or getting booty(duh).

i have about a million friends who are more than habitual smokers and i cant really put a finger on how it has affected them. it seems that everyone is different.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Marrawanna

Ive yet to meet someone it has helped.

Effect i see are very mild psychosis affects in people to a full on schizophrenic reaction- obviously genetic predisposition.

Its jokes at first but then its just long.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive yet to meet someone it has helped.

Effect i see are very mild psychosis affects in people to a full on schizophrenic reaction- obviously genetic predisposition.

Its jokes at first but then its just long.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sure we all know what the immediate effects of pot are. but what effects do you see outside of that person being stoned. aka would they be CEO of their company had they not gotten high every week...
Old 08-25-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
w

it seems that everyone is different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is true. I have friends who are very productive when they smoke. More so than when they don't smoke. I also have friends the other way around(unless you consider playing video games being productive). I think it can even effect the same person differently at different points in their life. Personally, for the most part, it has made me less motivated, although there was about a 3 year window where I was highly motivated, even whilst smoking almost daily.

At my current point in life, smoking has become almost completely worthless. I simply cannot function when I am stoned anymore. And I don't really even enjoy it anymore. I have pretty much quit. I have probably smoked 3-4 times this year and less than 10 times a year for the last 3. I have not smoked at all for many months.

As for long term effects. Hmm, I had smoked for about 10 years pretty much daily. Physically, I am sure it has did some damage. Mentally and emotionally, I am not so sure. I don't think I have lost much mentally. My memory is still very good, and I seem to be able to still learn as well as I ever could. Of course, this is hard to quantify. Emotionally, I seem much more introverted now because of the smoking; although I think I might have become more open-minded and more easily able to deal with life events.

Overall, I don't regret being a smoker for much of my life, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:42 PM

I went from smoking very occasionally (once a month) about a year and a half ago to a regular smoker this year (3-4 times a week probably).

I feel that it hasn't been a bad thing, and as long as I smoke near the end of the day it doesn't cut into my productivity.

IN terms of academics, it definitely didnt hurt me--the semester where i smoked the most by far (5 times a week) was the semester where I had, by far, the best GPA. So who knows, correlation isn't causation but maybe it actually HELPED?

Socially it's definitely helped as I know more people through smoking and I'm available to more networks as a result. I also am one of those few social stoners who can't stop talkin when he's baked.

I haven't really seen many affects, although when I smoke a lot it dries the hell out of my eyes. I've cut down because of that, and also because I've been bored at times. I think that if you keep it at a good balance it can be a positive thing for a person.

When it comes down to it, smoking's just a release for me. There's nothing better than sitting back with a few of your best friends, just talking about whatever may come up.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:58 AM

"Overall, I don't regret being a smoker for much of my life, but I wouldn't recommend it."

Agreed.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:22 AM

my best friend from college was a big pot head. he would smoke around 12 times a day. he would do everything stoned. class, test, working out, etc.

he always got his [censored] done. he is an engineer now and graduated college in 4 years with all a's.

If you are not a lazy ass before you smoke you wont be after.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:04 PM

i've smoked off and on since i was 16, i am now 23. i've gone through periods of daily smoking (wake and bake to sundown for months on end) and periods of 6-12months of not smoking at all. i have experienced no "addiction" as i can easily live without smoking up, but sometimes bongrips right after work just hit the spot.

i've not noticed anything regarding affects on my cardio performance. i don't think i really notice any long term mental effects either; while i can't really study or read and retain knowledge while high, i can do so as well as always when i'm not high. it's also definitely not a social drug for me and makes me very introverted, so i only use it while relaxing at home.

probably will phase it completely out of my life in the coming year or two, as i near the end of my college career and don't see a need for it when i enter my profession.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've smoked off and on since i was 16, i am now 23. i've gone through periods of daily smoking (wake and bake to sundown for months on end) and periods of 6-12months of not smoking at all. i have experienced no "addiction" as i can easily live without smoking up, but sometimes bongrips right after work just hit the spot.

i've not noticed anything regarding affects on my cardio performance. i don't think i really notice any long term mental effects either; while i can't really study or read and retain knowledge while high, i can do so as well as always when i'm not high. it's also definitely not a social drug for me and makes me very introverted, so i only use it while relaxing at home.

probably will phase it completely out of my life in the coming year or two, as i near the end of my college career and don't see a need for it when i enter my profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have done wake and bakes for months on end, and experienced no affects on your cardio system, you arent in good shape to begin with.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Volcano FTW.

weed is fun.