Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Grimstarr playing 0.25/0.50 now?

I just posted this somewhere else but that thread seems to have kinda died...

I have some entertaining gossip to add to this most recent Grimstarr soap opera episode. I have good reason to believe that I played him briefly in a .25/.50 game yesterday.

I've been playing on a tiny site called Poker4Ever and heard a rumor from a reputable source a short while ago that Grimstarr joined the site under the nick Standman. While the source is reputable, I blew this off because there is no way he could tell whether or not he's just some dork pretending to be a high stakes player. I never saw this Standman (aka Grimstarr?) play until yesterday when there was actually a 2/4 NL game going on the site (which is rare). I didn't play then because I was on my way out of the house. Here are my thoughts on why this is probably him:
1) I searched for him on FT and found him on 4 10/20 HU NL tables. I hadn't even talked to him on Poker4Ever yet, but went back to the chatbox on that table I had open and he had said something like: "Sorry I missed your question. I'm playing 8K buyins on FT and need to concentrate there ." Exactly what Grimstarr had on FT, would have be a diligent fraud.
2) In about the same minute as 1) above, the guy chatting to him was trying to get him to deposit with a certain affiliate bonus code and he said something like "I CAN'T DEPOSIT I'M BROKE AND ALL MY CREDIT CARDS ARE ******** I CAN'T DO WHAT YOU WANT ME TO"
3) Later when I talked to him, he himself claimed to be Grimstarr. Sure he could easily lie, but WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND PRETENDS TO BE GRIMSTARR? No offense G. I don't know you but deserved or not, you ain't winning any popularity contests.

Later I was playing .25/.50 NL, which was the biggest game running on the site at the time and lo and behold, Standman aka Grimstarr shows up. I talked to him a bit and asked him why he was playing down here. He told me he was so good it was hard to find players who would play him. LOL. He left pretty quick, think he just came around looking for a big 2/4 NL game. Anyhoo, this all sounds like a little too much of a coincidence with him claiming to go busto at the same time. I can post a couple hands if there is any interest...
Old 08-23-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Grimstarr playing 0.25/0.50 now?

DTrain
stranger

Reged: 12/30/06
Old 08-23-2007, 01:23 PM

if you don't eat your vegetables Grimstarr will come and get you in the night!

ooooOooOoOoOOO *spooky ghost noises* [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 01:44 PM

post hands LDO
Old 08-23-2007, 01:48 PM

wow this thread is weird
Old 08-23-2007, 01:50 PM

My buddy used to play on that site.

I guess you have to play where the fish are if those are the only players you can beat.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:06 PM

I admit I am a as stranger here and you don't have to believe me. I'm just telling my story as it happened. I have been one to read here a lot at times but not post much. I'd like to change that... Oh, if you want to look and see that I play some, I'm DTrain27 on Pokerstars.

I don't really know whether to believe that this guy is Grimstarr, but the Standman is playing 2/4 on Poker4Ever right now if anyone has an account and is curious. All I know is while it may not be him, I didn't contrive this whole thing just for fun.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 PM

Did he steal your blinds and sit out?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 PM

who gives a [censored]
Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 PM

let me check if my skim read of the OP was correct...

Grimstar was playing $50nl.... GRIMSTARR BUSTO?????