Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Should I be getting all in with TPTK / Two Pair?

Hi all,

Working though the adjustment of switching over to 6 max. I'm from a basic full ring background, where generally speaking, they have the hand they represent a lot more.

I'm trying to figure out what situations its good to commit to the hand, and try and get all my stack in. I understand that the reads on the villains would have a massive amount to do with this, and position, stack sizes etc.

For instance lets say AK on a 4 9 K board, should I be worried about aggression from an average player? Seems in FR there are higher amounts of sets etc.

<font color="red">I guess the point of the question is how much should I loosen my hand strength requirements to start getting committed to the hand, as opposed to full ring? </font>

On one hand I think some people tend to not believe people have the hand enough in 6 max. On the flip side I also think I might be seeing monsters under the bed.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Should I be getting all in with TPTK / Two Pair?

It is really impossible to give you a good answer. What most people will say is "it depends"
Sometimes it's right to insta shove and fistpump, other times it will be right to insta fold, it depends on the board, how you have been playing, how your opponant has been playing etc etc.
If you feel confused about any situation post some hands and it will be easier to say.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 AM

With any good hand look at the board texure look at your opponent and think of a range of hands that he'd be willing to stack off with, compare his range to your hand and make your decision.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:31 AM

This level 0 thinking will get you owned, basically at all stakes. Level thinking and hand ranges: Mercman